Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

10 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I’d genuinely give up watching sport, if you don’t think Tyson could have ended that fight from the first round onward if he’d wanted!

Thanks for the tip. I'd be more likely to give up having an opinion of any kind if blind assumptions became a habit. 

Fury was embarrassingly bad in his first comeback fight and I don't personally think he showed up particularly well in this one either. Certainly no evidence to suggest he's capable of ending any fight when he decides it's time.  You'd have thought that he would want to look his best to sell the fight to America with a late knockout at least, if getting rounds was his intention. Can't imagine a points win against an opponent ranked 150 in the world would do much for his reputation in the US.

Each to their own, however.

Thanks for the tip. I'd be more likely to give up having an opinion of any kind if blind assumptions became a habit. 
Fury was embarrassingly bad in his first comeback fight and I don't personally think he showed up particularly well in this one either. Certainly no evidence to suggest he's capable of ending any fight when he decides it's time.  You'd have thought that he would want to look his best to sell the fight to America with a late knockout at least, if getting rounds was his intention. Can't imagine a points win against an opponent ranked 150 in the world would do much for his reputation in the US.
Each to their own, however.
Doesnt matter. Neither AJ nor Wilder can be the man until they beat the man.

Fury might well be absolutely routine for both of them. I happen to think he has done too much damage and put too many miles on the clock in the last 3 years to ever get it back, but someone still has to get him out the way as long as he is active. Fury is really under no obligation to convince anyone.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fury might well be absolutely routine for both of them. I happen to think he has done too much damage and put too many miles on the clock in the last 3 years to ever get it back, but someone still has to get him out the way as long as he is active. Fury is really under no obligation to convince anyone.

I see loads of arguing between the matchroom hate and stuff with Fury and this is the best comment by a mile. Regardless if Fury still has it or not he is still the man to best. Until someone does he is the most relevent heavyweight at the moment regardless of your like or dislike for him. 

As for the other night Fury had no intentions of going up gears he wanted to see if he had the stamina to dictate 10 rounds. He can knock out bums in sparing. He wouldn’t know about a 10 round fight till he was in 1. Again regardless of if he could knock that boy out or not fact is he had no intention to. The Wilder fight was agreed before he stepped in the ring it didn’t matter how good he looked all he wanted was some rounds. 

Matchroom charge £20 plus for shit shows that are as one sided as Furys fight was. Matchroom will always protect their fighter unless the price is right. I was all about the AJ train when he burst on the scene but now I see it for what it is. Money making and nothing else. f**k sake look at Whyte for a prime example. An absolutely nobody till matchroom started promoting him. Now fans believe he is world class paying pay per view money to watch him. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well considering Gene Tunney retired as undefeated Champ in 1928, you'd have to dig him up to be "the man who beat the man": as he died in 1978. #linealchamp

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What doesn't matter? I was replying to Monkman who seems to think that Fury can just end any fight at will.

I'd somewhat disagree with one part of your statement, that Fury doesn't have to convince anyone. Given he keeps harping on about being the lineal champion (an easy title to keep if you're not fighting!), I think he does need to convince folk that he still has it after such a long time out. That said, he'd have been forgiven for taking another fight or two before stepping into the ring against one of the big guns so big respect to him for believing in himself and putting it all on the line so quickly after coming back.

Are people seriously analysing a fight between two YouTube fuds on the Boxing thread :lol:

Was the fat guy from Storage Wars on the undercard? Did Freddie Flintoff manage to get some rounds in before his big title fight with Nasty Nick from Big Brother?