Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

20 minutes ago, LAGer said:

Brook-Khan talk is becoming really tiresome now.

After years of Hearn saying Brook has to move up, he finally does. Then Khan returns with Hearn at the same weight. But now Hearn and Khan are saying any Brook-Khan fight would need to be back down at welterweight. He's also touting both for a Manny Pacquiao fight.

Although it'd still be a good event, think they've missed the boat a bit with this one in terms of how good it could have been after a couple of damaging defeats.

Even after the Golovkin and Canelo bodying's  they both took it was very much salvageable as they'd both obviously moved up weight significantly, but the Spence jnr loss, and Khan's lack of activity has really hurt the interest in it. Even if they'd announced it straight after I'm a Celeb, they'd have got loads of casual interest with people wanting to see if Khan was any good, etc, but that momentum seems to have dissipated now too. 

I've always been of the belief that Khan would outbox him, and that Brook's power was overrated at the top level, still think that's the case, especially if Brook is killing himself to make 147.

Speaking of welterweights, Garcia v Porter this weekend should be a really interesting fight. If Garcia can't push Porter back and keep him at bay, it could be a really long  night  for him.

Even after the Golovkin and Canelo bodying's  they both took it was very much salvageable as they'd both obviously moved up weight significantly, but the Spence jnr loss, and Khan's lack of activity has really hurt the interest in it. Even if they'd announced it straight after I'm a Celeb, they'd have got loads of casual interest with people wanting to see if Khan was any good, etc, but that momentum seems to have dissipated now too. 
I've always been of the belief that Khan would outbox him, and that Brook's power was overrated at the top level, still think that's the case, especially if Brook is killing himself to make 147.
Speaking of welterweights, Garcia v Porter this weekend should be a really interesting fight. If Garcia can't push Porter back and keep him at bay, it could be a really long  night  for him.
Exhibition bullshit like this is Khans level and unfortunately probably Brooks now too. Their division is moving FAST and inactivity would lead to them both getting a shoeing for the ages if they got in with any of about 4 or 5 guys.

Khan thinking he is fit to fight for a belt now would be so fucking good. He would be smashed to pieces. I also think Brook would stretch him because his timing would negate any advantage in speed and Khans chin is likely to be absolute glass now. More so than before.