Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Taylor hates Tank’s big mate Broner so I think he’d be happy to give any of the TMT crew a proper shoeing. Tank is not even tall enough to stick the nut on Taylor like Prograis kept doing.

Marcis Maidanas bodying of Adrien Broner is something that will live on in my soul, giving it nourishment for as long as I am a boxing fan. Not a fight for the hall of fame, not one for purists or one that will live on in terms of relevance. Just a beautiful, beautiful moment.

The pretend bumming was a highlight, when Maidana did it back I nearly died laughing 😂

Then Broners run out the ring after the fight like a fanny 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Taylor hates Tank’s big mate Broner so I think he’d be happy to give any of the TMT crew a proper shoeing. Tank is not even tall enough to stick the nut on Taylor like Prograis kept doing.

Marcis Maidanas bodying of Adrien Broner is something that will live on in my soul, giving it nourishment for as long as I am a boxing fan. Not a fight for the hall of fame, not one for purists or one that will live on in terms of relevance. Just a beautiful, beautiful moment.

My old mate Brad (a fairly passionate Yes/Remain type)  put on a show earlier this year for students. They had trained so well for months and I'd sparred a few of them and by fight night they were all in excellent form and had a string of close, quality fights on the night. One of them (who couldn't be more that 5 ft 7 and 10 stone) decided his fight name would be "Brexit Means Brexit" and he gamely adopted a wee Tory Boy persona. Brad's scales must have been a bit wonky that day as he found himself in against the student equivalent of Deontay Wilder. Brad also encouraged the timekeeper (me) to let things flow a bit too if Student Wilder was in the middle of a particularly spiteful flurry. 

My old mate Brad (a fairly passionate Yes/Remain type)  put on a show earlier this year for students. They had trained so well for months and I'd sparred a few of them and by fight night they were all in excellent form and had a string of close, quality fights on the night. One of them (who couldn't be more that 5 ft 7 and 10 stone) decided his fight name would be "Brexit Means Brexit" and he gamely adopted a wee Tory Boy persona. Brad's scales must have been a bit wonky that day as he found himself in against the student equivalent of Deontay Wilder. Brad also encouraged the timekeeper (me) to let things flow a bit too if Student Wilder was in the middle of a particularly spiteful flurry. 
That sounds terrible. Hopefully the lad didnt get hurt.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I can see why Brad isnt your mate anymore, what a c**t of a man. I hope you reported him to make sure he couldn't run something similar again?

Tank looked amazing when he beat Pedraza and then smashed Walsh a few months later. Then he looked shite on the MayMac undercard and followed that up by fighting washed versions of Cuellar and Ruiz. Last seen fighting a Panamanian cab driver a few months back. Tank needs to fight someone relevant at his own weight before thinking about jumping up two weights (effectively 3 considering Taylor’s size) to fight a proper champion.

Kovalev looks huge compared to Alvarez.
I have slightly reconsidered my assertion that Alvarez' team don't get these cherry picks wrong.

I hope Kovelev uses his size advantage though. He is big and strong with a good jab. He needs to bully Alvarez and not let him inside easily. Make him pay every time, then spoil it on the inside. Wont be pretty but If he lets Alvarez work on the inside then it will go how Alvarez wants it to go.

I thought they picked Kovalev based on intelligent assessment of/prediction of his decline. I hope they got it wrong by a fight or two.

I dunno if Kovalev will be anything close to the real Kovalev. He’s had questions over his desire when he was the actual champion so I have my reservations over him now especially considering he allegedly showed up drunk to the press conference. Not really been that impressed with Kov since the first Ward fight and you have to go back to around 2015 to find the last time he destructively dealt with a top opponent. I was quite impressed with his boxing in the Eleider Álvarez rematch but he still tired in the mid-rounds and I feel Canelo winning them could be enough for him to get it on the scorecards

I dunno if Kovalev will be anything close to the real Kovalev. He’s had questions over his desire when he was the actual champion so I have my reservations over him now especially considering he allegedly showed up drunk to the press conference. Not really been that impressed with Kov since the first Ward fight and you have to go back to around 2015 to find the last time he destructively dealt with a top opponent. I was quite impressed with his boxing in the Eleider Álvarez rematch but he still tired in the mid-rounds and I feel Canelo winning them could be enough for him to get it on the scorecards
This is the sort of talk that had me thinking Kovalev was no more than shrewd pick by Canelo, which is his MO.

Has all the appearance of a genuine top fight, but the reality behind the scenes is different.

If the size difference wasnt so stark I wouldn't really have Kovalevs chances as being worthy of discussion. He is going to have to work mega hard to outpoint Canelo, both on the basis of merit, and on the basis that its Canelo.

Canelo v Kovalev predictions?

Canelo to the body around 8 or 9 after breaking Kovalev on the inside in the middle rounds, having already broken a half shot fighter pre-fight with the bullshit rehydration clauses.

Canelo to fail a test and it to be swept completely under the carpet is also probable.

So who's all watching the biggest mega money  fight of all time between KSI and Logan Paul then?
Two experienced powerhouses that DEFINITELY are good enough to be professional fighters main eventing a card and getting paid millions in the process...
Paid for the first one for the kids and after the farce of the first couple of fights it was actually decent value for money.

However, this rematch wont likely start until about 5am as the undercard starts at midnight UK. Might buy it and watch it the next day. East coast would have been a better choice of location as I can't imagine many people staying up for this.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My prediction is as follows.

f**k Canelo.

My most despised man in boxing. Hoping the auld Kov can roll back the clock tonight but Canelo will have enough Mexican meat in him to handle his best shots no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

My most despised man in boxing. Hoping the auld Kov can roll back the clock tonight but Canelo will have enough Mexican meat in him to handle his best shots no doubt.

Kovalev will be a good bit short of his best shots. The ginger coward has nothing to worry about.