Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I think some folk on here really need to take a look at Burns record & reevaluate their opinion.

He's never been stopped & only been beaten by top fighters, (Crawford/Zlaticanan/Figueroa/Arthur & Johansson), two of whom are currently highly regarded/avoided.

Aye he's done amazing especially for someone who wasn't on the same level skill wise or power wise as many other British fighters than have basically achieved nothing or much less- George groves etc. Although it's a pity it hasn't been reflected in his bank account.
I don't need to look at Ricky's record I've been at all his Scottish fights for years, I've trained in the same club he did years ago before he left and I've spoken to him whenever I see him about.
I'm not knocking him at all. He made the best of his talents, I don't think he ever had the natural ability of plenty of other world champions but he did as much or more than them.

10 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Aye he's done amazing especially for someone who wasn't on the same level skill wise or power wise as many other British fighters than have basically achieved nothing or much less- George groves etc. Although it's a pity it hasn't been reflected in his bank account.
I don't need to look at Ricky's record I've been at all his Scottish fights for years, I've trained in the same club he did years ago before he left and I've spoken to him whenever I see him about.
I'm not knocking him at all. He made the best of his talents, I don't think he ever had the natural ability of plenty of other world champions but he did as much or more than them.

For a 40 fight 3 weight champion who's he really beaten?  2/3 decent victories then came up short against the elite.

I see trending on the sky sports website is "brook 5lbs heavier than GGG". He may be heavier and he might be bigger but he is not a middleweight. Just because you're sitting at middle weight doesn't make you a middleweight. When your carrying extra lbs that you're not used to then it impacts on your speed, reflexes, movement and mobility in all sorts of ways that you're not used to. When you're not used to it you have little of chance of beating a guy of GGG's ability who is used to it. Regardless of your weight on the scales. That's not to say he couldn't be a middle weight and grow into the weight but it takes longer than a few months.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I see trending on the sky sports website is "brook 5lbs heavier than GGG". He may be heavier and he might be bigger but he is not a middleweight. Just because you're sitting at middle weight doesn't make you a middleweight. When your carrying extra lbs that you're not used to then it impacts on your speed, reflexes, movement and mobility in all sorts of ways that you're not used to. When you're not used to it you have little of chance of beating a guy of GGG's ability who is used to it. Regardless of your weight on the scales. That's not to say he couldn't be a middle weight and grow into the weight but it takes longer than a few months.

Can't disagree. Should he somehow manage to win, it would be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, upsets in boxing history.

Would love him to do it, but just can't see it going much more than 6/7 rounds.

Can't disagree. Should he somehow manage to win, it would be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, upsets in boxing history.

Would love him to do it, but just can't see it going much more than 6/7 rounds.

Honeygan v curry big....no idea how to spell honeyghan...

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

TCK, don't tell the casual fans that even though Brook hasn't been hit in the face by a hard hitting 147 yet let alone the best by a mile at 160 that this isn't a great fight. Let Sky Sports do the talking.

Edited by Fat Joe da Gangsta

2 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Kiddy is known for posting pish on this thread.  He probably watches MMA as well as boxing.

Any examples to quote? I'm quite happy to be proven wrong & willing to accept where I am.

As for MMA, nah, not really. Just McGregor's pre/post fight interviews, as he's quite funny for a fighter.