Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Aye, very sad to hear, an icon of the sport and the quintessential middleweight. Gatti Ward 1 is my favourite ever fight, and I think round 9 is the greatest in history, but Hagler Hearns runs it very close.

Regarding modern greats, cannot stress enough how much you need to watch Chocolatito v Estrada from last night. A truly incredible fight and one that’ll 100% be in the fight of the year considerations. A real shame the result was a shambles, but doesn’t take away from just how great a fight it was.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Aye, very sad to hear, an icon of the sport and the quintessential middleweight. Gatti Ward 1 is my favourite ever fight, and I think round 9 is the greatest in history, but Hagler Hearns runs it very close.

Regarding modern greats, cannot stress enough how much you need to watch Chocolatito v Estrada from last night. A truly incredible fight and one that’ll 100% be in the fight of the year considerations. A real shame the result was a shambles, but doesn’t take away from just how great a fight it was.

Thought the result was fine apart from one scorecard a bit wide but the right result imo. 

Estrsdas one of my favourite fighters but would've liked a Gonzales win for the comeback feelgood factor. The fight didn't look like an almost 10 year rematch. 

Whyte Povetkin 2 sneaked up on me. Not sure I even knew it was signed!

20 notes though.... f**k off. Its final fight but thats all it is. What does your subscription (increased today) get you boxing wise if it's not getting you fights like this.

IPTV for me and a f**k you to Sky

Whyte Povetkin 2 sneaked up on me. Not sure I even knew it was signed!

20 notes though.... f**k off. Its final fight but thats all it is. What does your subscription (increased today) get you boxing wise if it's not getting you fights like this.

IPTV for me and a f**k you to Sky

A complete non existent undercard to boot.

On 14/03/2021 at 14:13, Boostin' Kev said:

Thought the result was fine apart from one scorecard a bit wide but the right result imo. 

Estrsdas one of my favourite fighters but would've liked a Gonzales win for the comeback feelgood factor. The fight didn't look like an almost 10 year rematch. 

Really? I thought Chocolatito won quite comfortably and by at least two rounds, was struggling to even justify a draw, let alone an Estrada win. He was in the fight the whole way through obviously (and what a fucking fight it was), but Gonzalez landed more, and more meaningful shots, and controlled the tempo most of the fight, IMO

See Fury and Joshua have signed a two-fight deal apparently. I'm probably not as sceptical as most when it comes to early announcements of big fights, but I won't be holding my breath until there's a location and date confirmed for the first, especially with Fast Eddie's record of making bold announcements when it comes to AJ.

Does Okolie beat Glowacki tomorrow? I'm going to go with yes, made big improvements under mcguigan and Glowacki not fought in just under 2 years since getting sparked by Breidis (albeit it after the bell).

Does Okolie beat Glowacki tomorrow? I'm going to go with yes, made big improvements under mcguigan and Glowacki not fought in just under 2 years since getting sparked by Breidis (albeit it after the bell).
Could be a case of right fight, at the right time. A chance to place himself in at World level.