Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

7 minutes ago, supermik said:

Young Hatton junior has a long way to go in the pro ranks. Although it was a straightforward win for him, he was breathing at the end like he had just done 15 rounds and not just 4!

His auld man was prone to blowing out his arse as well though but second wind and all that. 

That left handed body shot from young Hatton was a beaut. 

Edited by 8MileBU

That was a really good fight. 

Having had a Lonsdale belt in my hands once (Ken Buchanan’s), it is the most magnificent belt in boxing. If I had been a pro fighter, that belt would have been my life’s mission to own one of those long before an alphabet world belt.

9 minutes ago, supermik said:

EADEE956-6CC7-429D-9DAA-952515C6DA9E.gif

Aye, that post aged well! 😂

Complete role reversal from the first fight where Whyte didn’t look comfortable from the first bell. Povetkin looking totally out of sorts tonight. Great shot by Whyte that knocked Povetkin into the but kind of luck the way he rebounded right into another couple of big hands.

1 minute ago, Abby Normal said:

Whyte looked quite fit and moved well. 

Povetkin looked the exact opposite. Really sluggish from the start and to me he almost looked unprepared.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye, that post aged well! 😂

Complete role reversal from the first fight where Whyte didn’t look comfortable from the first bell. Povetkin looking totally out of sorts tonight. Great shot by Whyte that knocked Povetkin into the but kind of luck the way he rebounded right into another couple of big hands.

Povetkin looked the exact opposite. Really sluggish from the start and to me he almost looked unprepared.

There was talk of him being hospitalised by COVID as just mind games but he genuinely looked like he’d got out his sick bed for the fight. 

10 hours ago, supermik said:

That was a really good fight. 

Having had a Lonsdale belt in my hands once (Ken Buchanan’s), it is the most magnificent belt in boxing. If I had been a pro fighter, that belt would have been my life’s mission to own one of those long before an alphabet world belt.

Don't think they're as good nowadays.