Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

15 years today since Joe Calzaghe dismantled Jeff Lacy in one of my favourite fights by a British fighter, with a 12 round beat down.

A performance for the ages. One he very nearly pulled out of aswell. After that, I went to the Sakio Bika fight which was absolute dross :lol: Although more than made up for by subsequently attending Calzaghe v Jones at MSG, followed by drinking the night away at Jimmy Corner. Does it get better than MSG followed by Jimmys for a fight fan.... I think probably not 

Does it get better than MSG followed by Jimmys for a fight fan.... I think probably not 

No, no it does not. I’ve travelled the world extensively and yet to find a bar anywhere that I’d rather sit and have a pint, watching the world go by.

A performance for the ages. One he very nearly pulled out of aswell. After that, I went to the Sakio Bika fight which was absolute dross :lol: Although more than made up for by subsequently attending Calzaghe v Jones at MSG, followed by drinking the night away at Jimmy Corner. Does it get better than MSG followed by Jimmys for a fight fan.... I think probably not 

No, no it does not. I’ve travelled the world extensively and yet to find a bar anywhere that I’d rather sit and have a pint, watching the world go by.

I’m sorta humming and hawing about saying f**k it and going to Vegas for Taylor Ramirez. Obviously coronavirus is a big concern, quarantine on return as well potentially but I can probably just about justify the money, pals have planted the seed then I get things like this?!

Just now, NJ2 said:

I’m sorta humming and hawing about saying f**k it and going to Vegas for Taylor Ramirez. Obviously coronavirus is a big concern, quarantine on return as well potentially but I can probably just about justify the money, pals have planted the seed then I get things like this?!

I have done Vegas on 4 fight nights (attended fights on 3 of those)

The idea that as a 35 year old father, I might never do that again breaks my heart every day. 

Get. It. Booked

😂🤣😂 "Relegated"! Top trolling from the Lochend Loyalist.

Mind you they have spunked an inordinate amount of dosh to get there. Just like the old club!

Edited by kiddy

On 06/03/2021 at 17:56, J_Stewart said:

Just when you think his social media can’t get any worse, he plummets to new depths once more.

Not even Boostin’ Kev is defending that one surely?

That's definitely his worst tweet yet.Ljsl9nQ.png.44cb3938caa6d5e8e65d56aa775efa25.png

The Pans has quite a big ***/orange element to it unfortunately, he probably has quite a lot of happy family members.

3 hours ago, supermik said:

Northern Irish former boxer Danny McAlinden has passed away. 50 years ago today he fought and won on the undercard at the first Ali vs Frazier fight at MSG.

5 Live podcast looking back at that fight and is joined by Josh Taylor, live on the line from George Square.