Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Looks like the big farce will not go ahead
Jake Paul suddenly realising that he doesn't want to take on an actual boxer, even one as shitty as Tommy Fury, and paying him to plead injured.

It should be an end to this ridiculous charade.... It wont be.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jake Paul suddenly realising that he doesn't want to take on an actual boxer, even one as shitty as Tommy Fury, and paying him to plead injured.

It should be an end to this ridiculous charade.... It wont be.

Jake Paul is more of a boxer than Tommy Fury!

He's the far bigger man and actually trains.

Brutal finish from Conor Benn. Hes at the fighting names, but washed up ones stage atm having now said he wants the winner of the Khan v Brook "match".

Only seen some highlights of Loma so far. Dropped Commey with a beauty of a hook on the way out the clinch, rookie stuff from Commey thinking he was safe there.

Loma appealing to Commeys corner to end it then not managing to get the finish himself isnt a great look though. Still love the little b*****d.

Brutal finish from Conor Benn. Hes at the fighting names, but washed up ones stage atm having now said he wants the winner of the Khan v Brook "match".

Only seen some highlights of Loma so far. Dropped Commey with a beauty of a hook on the way out the clinch, rookie stuff from Commey thinking he was safe there.

Loma appealing to Commeys corner to end it then not managing to get the finish himself isnt a great look though. Still love the little b*****d.

I watched it this morning, he 100% stepped off until the 12th when he decided to lift the tempo a wee bit again. He could have finished Commey at any point in the 7th and I thought it should have been stopped as his legs were a wobbly mess. Loma was visibly pulling the spire out of his punches and just touching Commey to keep him off balance and score.

Loma is in that rarified bracket of athletes like Messi, Steph Curry, Ronnie O’Sullivan, etc where they’re not just elite but they have a style that is so fan-friendly, so aesthetically pleasing, that watching them in itself becomes an event. A truly, truly special fighter.

I watched it this morning, he 100% stepped off until the 12th when he decided to lift the tempo a wee bit again. He could have finished Commey at any point in the 7th and I thought it should have been stopped as his legs were a wobbly mess. Loma was visibly pulling the spire out of his punches and just touching Commey to keep him off balance and score.

Loma is in that rarified bracket of athletes like Messi, Steph Curry, Ronnie O’Sullivan, etc where they’re not just elite but they have a style that is so fan-friendly, so aesthetically pleasing, that watching them in itself becomes an event. A truly, truly special fighter.
Aye, its a very odd thing to see a fighter at that level do these things. A lot of fighters wpuld have (and you cant fault them) gone looking for a highlight reel stoppage. You just cant ever imagine Loma getting involved in the less savoury side of boxing, the staged beefs and press conference brawls etc to sell fights, but since he has absolutely everything you could ever want once he goes through the ropes, he is one of the few who dont need to.

The dude is a true craftsman and a pleasure to behold

That's now him, Haney and Tank all went the distance in the last week or so. None of them a standout for Kambosas to fight next, be interesting to see who it is.

Wish Benn would call out Avanesyan rather than a completely washed AB.

Honestly don’t know how Chisora is still on his feet after some of the bombs he’s been hit with so far. Parker’s uppercuts and right hooks have been great. Insane pace for the first two rounds.

Like Andy Lee a lot, but telling Parker “not to act like a retard” in the corner was pretty poor.

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I’m not sure I even understand what I’m watching here. How Chisora has got back up from those knockdowns, how he’s putting together monster flurries, how he’a just not unconscious, genuinely have no idea. Insane fight.

Can see Parker thinking 'wtf do I have to do here' and must be in the back of his mind that he's still getting caught with an odd heavy one himself