Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Do pubs still show big fights like this weekend's?

I'm up in Inverness with the family but I want to see this, and I reckon I could persuade the missus to let me sneak out for an hour or 2.

Will be on in Auctioneers on Church Street I’d imagine. Watched a few fights there, Usyk AJ the last one and had it on all the tellys and the big screen.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who will prevail (manage to not fail first) between the chin made of glass and the eye socket made of biscuit tonight....

Its Brook for me, but probably only becasue it was always Brook for me many uears ago when they should have fought.

I think Brook has been the better boxer throughout their careers, but at this moment in time, and after 2 serious eye socket injuries, I’m edging towards Khan. Khan has looked confident during the build up to this, I think he’s going to win via a points decision. 

I think Brook has been the better boxer throughout their careers, but at this moment in time, and after 2 serious eye socket injuries, I’m edging towards Khan. Khan has looked confident during the build up to this, I think he’s going to win via a points decision. 
Its just all a bit sad watching these two in this nick, when they should really have served up one or more all time British classics when in their prime.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Its just all a bit sad watching these two in this nick, when they should really have served up one or more all time British classics when in their prime.

Aye it’s a pretty obvious money grab from the both of them, in what will be most likely the last fight in both of their careers. It should have happened years ago but Kahn based himself in the US and went in a different direction, arguably having higher profile fights tbf.

Always seemed that Kahn thought Brook to be beneath him back then, the fans have definitely been deprived of seeing this fight when they should have. 

I'll probably have a punt on Khan, based on the aforementioned bad defeats Brook has suffered over the years. Got to figure that might catch up with him at some point.

Just a pity it isn't 2015, but still looking forward to it.

I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Brook after I went to his fight with Golovkin at the o2, and even though it only lasted 5 rounds was the best and biggest boxing event I’ve ever attended. Never been at a fight of that magnitude before or since so it’s one I personally hold in high regard, and Kell Brook more than played his part in that. 

He had a couple of real slick combos in that fight and gave GGG all he had, wether he actually hurt Golovkin with any of them is debatable, but nobody could criticise his effort. 

Absolutely pathetic from the Navas corner. Fair enough that Jonas won but for the Navas corner to not have the stool ready at the end of the first was pretty bad. She had just been rocked badly and needed a full sit down to try and recuperate a bit.

Brook has only ever lost to top tier guys but he’s obviously on the wane. I’d actually forgotten about his terrible eye injuries that’s another factor against him.

Khan is just so vulnerable though, anyone’s got a chance against him though. He’s such a bellend, hopefully Brook sparks him in the first.

The guy Frazer Clarke fought looked like he’d just finished his shift, working the door of his local Wetherspoons.

Not sure how this one will go, but hope Brook wins it.  

Took a punt on Brook by stoppage in the 8th.

Edited by MONKMAN

Whining about the gloves now.
Not buying that. A gloves dispute after the chief support goes 2 when it was expected to go 10.... A big bouncer not letting Sky find out the story.... Sky not going to Brooks dressing room camera.... Then out he comes in the nick of time

Bullshit

Surely this isn't going all the way?

Khan within 6 for me.

Brook is thick as f**k, and didn't come across well in the build up.