Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Beterbiev has that Golovkin knack of being involved in competitive looking exchanges, but he's always doing damage. Looks like folk are doing OK but his shots are taking their toll each time

That’s a good comparison actually. Takes clean shots which are eye catching and get the crowd going, but ultimately he’s never in any real danger and every time a punch of his lands it does actual damage. Brook v Golovkin was a good example of that; Brook landed a couple of early flurry’s and the crowd were going bananas, but by the end of round 5 he’s stepping out the ring with his cheekbone in 50 different pieces. 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Beterbiev has that Golovkin knack of being involved in competitive looking exchanges, but he's always doing damage. Looks like folk are doing OK but his shots are taking their toll each time

Aye spot on. Just relentless power, constantly landing shots there and therabouts, draining the guy in front of him

Bivol fight would be good, Bivol is better than Yarde and has the years on Beterbiev. Two hard b*****ds

I'm I right in saying the commentary was really biased last night? I'm very much the casual fan but I felt like I was watching a different fight to what was being described. 

Also, why did it take over 10 minutes to see any sort of replay? Horrible TV coverage. 

Edit to add...... The post match interview with Beterbiev was also pathetic. The interviewer tried her best to get Beterbiev to say how wonderful Yarde is and he wasn't having it. He answered the loaded questions with stuff like "every fight is difficult" and "every boxer punches hard". 

Edited by Crawford Bridge

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

WBC are set to reinstate Connor Benn to their rankings after reviewing his “evidence”. 

Would be funny if Champ’s, throughout the divisions,started dropping their belts due to it.

On 29/01/2023 at 14:02, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm I right in saying the commentary was really biased last night? I'm very much the casual fan but I felt like I was watching a different fight to what was being described. 

Also, why did it take over 10 minutes to see any sort of replay? Horrible TV coverage. 

Edit to add...... The post match interview with Beterbiev was also pathetic. The interviewer tried her best to get Beterbiev to say how wonderful Yarde is and he wasn't having it. He answered the loaded questions with stuff like "every fight is difficult" and "every boxer punches hard". 

I watched that one with no commentary, I feel I got a good representation of the fight that way tbh. 

Boxing in general is absolutely terrible for biased coverage. Watching with the sound off is always good advice, especially for the second watch of a perceived "robbery". Its the best way to watch a fight but really on a Saturday night watching live you want the atmosphere etc, so the commentary is something to be endured. 

American commentary is by and large miles better than British in terms of bias, but its not perfect eitehr

• 2 weeks later...