Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Such a sad loss of life for a good up and coming Scottish fighter , heart goes out to his family will be a tough time for them right now. Great post from TCK I've been pretty vocal about canelo ducking ggg but as he said fighters put it all on the line when they step in the ring. Rip mike

BTW I wasn't making that point to make out that people who haven't stepped in a ring know any less of have less right to have their opinions listened to. I dont think because someone has boxed it makes them an expert or more knowledgable.

However, I do think unless you've done it you can't understand the bottle and courage it takes to go in against one other person in front of a crowd. It's not fear of getting hurt it is fear of losing face and looking like a dick in public if you get beat.

Desperately sad, that it has been said he was suffering headaches prior to it, yet must have felt extreme pressure into fighting on the night?

#RIPMikeTowell

His girlfriend said the headaches were just dismissed as stress from the upcoming fight.

BTW I wasn't making that point to make out that people who haven't stepped in a ring know any less of have less right to have their opinions listened to. I dont think because someone has boxed it makes them an expert or more knowledgable.

However, I do think unless you've done it you can't understand the bottle and courage it takes to go in against one other person in front of a crowd. It's not fear of getting hurt it is fear of losing face and looking like a dick in public if you get beat.

Fair comment.

Watched fight live and knew it didn't look good. I actually thought he didn't quite make the count at the last knockdown, or at the least the referee certainly gave him the benefit of the doubt allowing him to continue. Definitely did the right thing stopping it a couple punches later. The damage was already done. 

Really feel for Dale Evans too. He'll be devastated as well.  

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Watched fight live and knew it didn't look good. I actually thought he didn't quite make the count at the last knockdown, or at the least the referee certainly gave him the benefit of the doubt allowing him to continue. Definitely did the right thing stopping it a couple punches later. The damage was already done. 

Really feel for Dale Evans too. He'll be devastated as well.  

Good point that. Can't be easy for him to continue boxing after this.