Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Possibly not but it’s the last minute and he’s in a situation where he’s outnumbered by attackers. If he had committed himself and the attacker had passed the ball away, you’d blame him for committing himself to a challenge he was unlikely to win. You blame Ando for turning his back on the ball, but have nothing to say when Joe (who is far more guilty of doing that) does it. You don’t rate Ando which is fine, but at least be consistent when criticising players. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Possibly not but it’s the last minute and he’s in a situation where he’s outnumbered by attackers. If he had committed himself and the attacker had passed the ball away, you’d blame him for committing himself to a challenge he was unlikely to win. You blame Ando for turning his back on the ball, but have nothing to say when Joe (who is far more guilty of doing that) does it. You don’t rate Ando which is fine, but at least be consistent when criticising players. 

I noticed Joe does it too,don’t like ch’s doing it,but Andos being doing it longer:P,neither of them cope with physical forwards very well,that’s something I think Gordon might be better at than both,with a bit of experience in him,not sure if Kerr is that type,not seen enough of him 

They don't deserve a wee jolly imo.
And I'm starting to tire of the constant moaning from TW tbqhwy.
Knuckle down here and improve the home form.

I think he's frustrated. Part of me suspects its as much about letting other sides seeing how frustrated he is too....

55 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

did you think Ando closed AJ  down properly at the second goal? He’s backing off,then goes side on,why not go towards him ,and block the shot? Wasn’t just his fault,Mikey gave it away,didn’t track back,and Joe looked tired trying to get back

I've only seen the highlights but that's how I saw it. Ando backed off and Joe didn't seem to have any urgency about getting back. Was surprised to see what happened as I kept reading it was all MOH's fault for giving the ball away. I expexted a classic, speedy hit on the break as we were all upfield pressing for the equaliser but it was a poor one to lose.

Jeff Stelling praising Watson on SSN and bemoaning the fact it looks like he's heading back to Saints. 

Loan deal is up after today I believe. He has only played 7 times since August for them I'm sure. Injured again. If fit he could be an asset but feel comrie will be given run now till end of season with foster number 2

16 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Loan deal is up after today I believe. He has only played 7 times since August for them I'm sure. Injured again. If fit he could be an asset but feel comrie will be given run now till end of season with foster number 2

Jeff described him along the lines of a big, well built centre back so I take it that's where he was playing for them. 

The last mention of Watson from the manager was that he still wasn't in his plans. Like others have said, he's looked a decent player (on a small sample of evidence) but maybe the manager would rather have the wages? I would say though that when he loaned him out I suspect he didn't envisage Anderson or Foster struggling to find any real or consistent form. I'd probably still be inclined to get him out the door and reassess in the summer whether we need to bring in another experienced centre back.

How long does Wright have on his contract? 
The whole thing with Millar and digging the club out publicly makes it seem like he's just burning bridges and giving zero fucks.
I thinks it the end of next season his contract gives up. He definitely had a change of tone and manner in the October/November months when he was linked with Rangers and Northern Ireland. He's been more himself in the past month.

Yep. 2019 is Wright’s expiration date. He’s talked about being here in 5 or 10 years time so I suspect that an extension won’t be too difficult to obtain if we want to open discussions. 

I see Wright is now saying that he has no idea what money he has to play with in this window, and any business we do will be later in the window. Honestly, I wish he’d just shut the f**k up. 

I think we are beginning to see publicly why Wright doesn't get linked with too many bigger clubs. His constant mewlings verge on embarrassing and it really detracts from the job he's actually doing - even though he loves to remind everyone just how well he is doing.

I think we are beginning to see publicly why Wright doesn't get linked with too many bigger clubs. His constant mewlings verge on embarrassing and it really detracts from the job he's actually doing - even though he loves to remind everyone just how well he is doing.
I think any club who hires a manager based on what they say in the media, is asking for trouble.

I think any club who hires a manager based on what they say in the media, is asking for trouble.

I think a club or an employer in general would look negatively on an employee consistently having wee digs at his present employers tbh.

I think a club or an employer in general would look negatively on an employee consistently having wee digs at his present employers tbh.
Maybe, it's not as if it's something most managers don't divulge in though. TW constantly does it during bad runs to try and drag attention away from it.