Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Psst, whisper it "Jason Kerr isn't as good as Tommy makes out"

Liam Gordon must train like Efe Ambrose on a bad day, it's the only feasible reason for the amount of games he played last season.

Your love for Gordon is making me resent him, I hate you for this. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your love for Gordon is making me resent him, I hate you for this. 

Can always rely on you random :lol:

Whenever I say anything about gorgeous Liam it's a bit tongue in cheek because I know you will be straight on it. Bit like me and thon sheep shagging c**t :lol:

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Tam must be pumping Gordons mum/aunt/granny imo.

There's no other explanation.

4 way with the Gordon's? Don't mind if I do :lol:

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Can always rely on you random :lol:

Whenever I say anything about gorgeous Liam it's a bit tongue in cheek because I know you will be straight on it. Bit like me and thon sheep shagging c**t :lol:

You're a c**t Tam, a horrible c**t. 

I know you boys love him, but has he still got it in him to play at Championship level?

Has he got the legs to play 30-40 games a season?

Fingers crossed he comes back and makes a real difference. 

2 minutes ago, madton said:

I know you boys love him, but has he still got it in him to play at Championship level?

Absolutely. He kind of fell out of the reckoning a bit at Saints over the last 18 months or so but he was certainly capable of playing at the top level last season still. I'm not sure you'll get 90 minutes out of him every week, and he may struggle if you have 2 games in a week, but he's still got all the raw materials to be an excellent player for Morton.

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Absolutely. He kind of fell out of the reckoning a bit at Saints over the last 18 months or so but he was certainly capable of playing at the top level last season still. I'm not sure you'll get 90 minutes out of him every week, and he may struggle if you have 2 games in a week, but he's still got all the raw materials to be an excellent player for Morton.

Sounds promising. 

Guess the key is staying fit and not picking up any injuries.

Looking forward to seeing him back. Wouldn't be surprised if he was made captain!

Edited by madton

1 hour ago, madton said:

Sounds promising. 

Guess the key is staying fit and not picking up any injuries.

Looking forward to seeing him back. Wouldn't be surprised if he was made captain!

I would of given him another year. Him not playing as much for us is possibly more down to Tommy looking to the future, along with wanting the wages he was on used on refreshing the squad, saw him more 'phased' out rather than his ability.

When he did play he was still head and shoulders above what we had......and still have, big summer to replace him 

1 hour ago, madton said:

He's not played week in, week out, for us for at least a season, probably two. A lot of Saints fans seem convinced he'd cope with that no bother but it'll be a case of wait and see how he copes with that again. 

His quality isn't in doubt though, he's been superb until the very end. He'd walk into any Championship starting line up. 

Could still play Premiership easily. One of the all time greats for Saints. 2 games a week might be too much for him but you are getting a player of very real quality.

I think the best way of making the point about Millar is if you ask how whether fans would have given him another year. The answer will overwhelmingly be yes.

Time will tell how long is left in the legs but not sitting in a car for 2-3 hours every day can only help.

Delighted he's snubbed Dundee Entitled FC as well.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Delighted he's snubbed Dundee Entitled FC as well.

They're also a basket case club who might not be able to guarantee his wages in a few months time.

8 hours ago, madton said:

I'll tell you right now if Chris Millar stays fit he will be the championship player of the season and you have a great chance of making the play-offs.

He should easily still be a Premiership player and was our best central midfielder until his contract expired last month. He fell out of favour with the manager, but when Tommy Wright needed a steadying presence in central midfield he generally brought him back in.

Could Well turn out to be Morton's greatest ever signing. A great coup, enjoy him while you can.

Any doubt Morton fans had about him are diminished following the comments on this thread. 

Sounds very promising.  Cheers for the feedback.

We have only really seen 442/4411 with Duffy so it will be refreshing to see something different. Would imagine it will be a 4231 type formation which McKinnon played at DU. Fully expect Midget to dominate one of those holding positions.

All the best for the season ahead!

Stole the idea from the 18/19 Kit thread down in Misc Other Fitba Chat; BLK have a funky little browser app in which you can design your own shirt, figured I'd have a go at what Saints might end up wearing, using Airdrieonians horrible gay bar sponsorhip as a stand-in for whatever yellow block yous will be having. Think it came out pretty okay;

http://dyo.blksport.com/#/sport/football/cut/men/color/navy/15e9a509da1

drrr.jpg.654bd4d63ea0b6015dd0de56be3c3c38.jpg