Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Radford said:

Along the lines of the post @Mr Positive, sometimes. has had highlighted, which players have you got it wrong about down the years?

This'll be a long post... 

Can't be arsed trawling for my own posts, easier when you're showing up someone else. 

MacLean was called shite and derided for constantly missing one on ones, something along the lines of "he'll never score more than five in a season"/"isn't a penalty box striker" 

Murray Davidson was too bothered with getting in the box to cope with being a midfielder at this level. 

Chris Millar called shite because he couldn't pick a pass/score goals/tackle or contribute at all, although that was in his right wing days. 

Mannus was too slow to go down, Easton was too fat and immobile to be a decent left back. 

Sandaza was too slow to be any use. O'Halloran was too thick to make it at this level, "be aswell with Forrest gump" 

Obviously completely ripped into Fisher and Tanser early doors, both "weak timid pish" players. 

Theres probably more, that's just what I can remember from memory. I think I've ended up slating most signings :lol:

9 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Edit - didn't really write him off as such but I remember a Mannus vs Enkleman debate when Mannus first got the no.1 shirt.

I still have nightmares about Enkleman and the 1-5 against United.

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Hendry would have the same problems he has at saints, displacing more experienced strikers. If he was guaranteed games aye, on the bench, naw.

Chris Kane got game time and found his goalscoring boots at palmerston last season before returning successfully to St Johnstone after Xmas. 

14 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Chris Kane got game time and found his goalscoring boots at palmerston last season before returning successfully to St Johnstone after Xmas. 

Kane isn't as raw as Hendry. Dobbie is obviously a huge draw for loaning you strikers, but Hendry needs ninety minutes week in, week out, to keep progressing. I'm not sure he'd get that with Queens. 

2 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Does anyone know how much the prize money for beating qots was? And how much we are likely to receive for the Celtic game being on tv? 

The money gets paid at the round you exit. Based on last season's figures (it won't be less, I'm sure) it's now a minimum of £60,000 (if Celtic beat us) plus £21,500 for being on TV. It would have been £35,000 if we'd lost on Saturday and £25,000 or less depending on our position if we'd gone out in the groups.

So the win at the weekend guarantees us an extra £46,500. You'd say that would go the long way towards the wages for a player for a year.

10 minutes ago, Radford said:

The money gets paid at the round you exit. Based on last season's figures (it won't be less, I'm sure) it's now a minimum of £60,000 (if Celtic beat us) plus £21,500 for being on TV. It would have been £35,000 if we'd lost on Saturday and £25,000 or less depending on our position if we'd gone out in the groups.

So the win at the weekend guarantees us an extra £46,500. You'd say that would go the long way towards the wages for a player for a year.

315302_1.jpg