Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The most frustrating thing about being a Saints fan just now is that around 50% of fans seem to think Callachan’s name has a ‘g’ in it. And the fact he punts Herbalife. 

It reminds me of when Kenny Deuchar played for us and everyone thought his name was plural - ‘DeucharS’.

Really makes me irrationally angry.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The most frustrating thing about being a Saints fan just now is that around 50% of fans seem to think Callachan’s name has a ‘g’ in it. And the fact he punts Herbalife. 

It reminds me of when Kenny Deuchar played for us and everyone thought his name was plural - ‘DeucharS’.

Really makes me irrationally angry.

Nydham instead of Nydam has me seething lately.

@PauloPerth

Saints 'keeper Zander Clark's run of four consecutive clean sheets has equaled the current club record in the top flight of Scottish football.

Zander joins Sandy McLaren, Andy Rhodes and Peter Enckelman on four successive shutouts at the top level but Zander's record is the only one which boasts four wins.

McLaren's record reads two wins and two draws as does Peter Enckelman's, while Andy Rhodes' record during his run of four clean sheets was three victories and a draw.

The 26-year-old will be hoping to break the club's top flight clean sheet record against Hamilton Accies on Saturday.

He may also have the overall successive clean sheet record in his sights which is currently held by Alan Main (8) set in the old First Division back in 1996.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.

I was convinced that McGregor had the record from his spell with us, glad that thick *** mutant isn’t in the St Johnstone record books. 
He's got the all time record which was set in the second tier - beating Alan Main's record set during the Sturrock era also in the second tier.

Clark's equalled the top flight record.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

I was convinced that McGregor had the record from his spell with us, glad that thick *** mutant isn’t in the St Johnstone record books. 

7 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

He's got the all time record which was set in the second tier - beating Alan Main's record set during the Sturrock era also in the second tier.

Clark's equalled the top flight record.

I remember being at Falkirk on the day Rhodes was going for five and I'm sure we lost a very early goal. It was obviously a huge deal at the time because the record was so long established.

My abiding memory of Rhodes (did he ever get his England cap) was that he couldn't kick the ball over the halfway line.

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

I remember being at Falkirk on the day Rhodes was going for five and I'm sure we lost a very early goal. It was obviously a huge deal at the time because the record was so long established.

My abiding memory of Rhodes (did he ever get his England cap) was that he couldn't kick the ball over the halfway line.

Good keeper till the back pass rule changed, that fucked him.

He was also a bit of a c**t with a whiney accent.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Good keeper till the back pass rule changed, that fucked him.

He was also a bit of a c**t with a whiney accent.

Nah,he was not a very good keeper,he was a great showman..I clearly remember his first home game for us.A catchable shot came in,Rhodes took a step away threw himself at the ball and palmed to round the post.A big roar went up and I was shouting what are you cheering him for the fat c**t has just given away a corner..