Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Richard Foster 34 today. In my opinion this will be his last season. Can we please start looking for an experienced replacement now with the plan to sign him on a pre contract in December/January. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I really don't see the point in speculating about the recruitment process, when nobody knows how it works. Tommy Wright has been here for coming up 8 years and if he was that unhappy with it, I doubt he'd still be in position.

Let's just see how good all these players at other clubs are, compared to the ones we sign, before jumping up and down. All the razzamatazz and hype surrounding new faces is just that, it's how they perform on the park that matters.

You can't always compare clubs or situations. Steve Brown is prepared to work away at the coalface and wants to be hands on, something he does for no salary it should be remembered. Other chairman maybe aren't willing or qualified to get so involved and need a CEO or whatever.

At the end of the day the club is in the hands of the Brown family and you can have a link between the chairman and the manager but, given his comments in the past, I doubt that would work for Steve Brown. And what's the alternative.

I've been guilty of it myself but all this negativity is serving no positive purpose when the league season hasn't even started yet.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Great signing. Surprised we managed to get him.

Radford leading by example. Come on, Dick. Get on board that happy train.

Comments from Kerr make quite interesting reading, both in terms of May and his call for 'a few more signings'.

“Everybody was disappointed including Stevie May and us and the fans,” Kerr said.

“I don’t really know what happened with that. We thought it was a done deal because he was in during the day, we all saw him, heard the medical was done.

“It was disappointing but the manager will look around for another striker because I think we do need a few more signings.”

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Nice to see tommy has Stevie May as his screensaver on his laptop 

Assumed this was a wind up tbh 😂

Screenshot_20190731-181722_Chrome.thumb.jpg.03ce7fcb53c887a1d80520a4e76d9e1b.jpg

See if TW makes some mention of overreacting, crying, fans on social media when we announce May, I genuinely think I'll propose next time I see him.

What a troll, what a man.