Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Think winter midweek at the moment anyway. @glenrothes 1884 saint

My first trip to Fir Park was that day in 1994, packed out bottom tier, we were right in the corner. Remember on more than one occasion a shout went up that a goal had gone in elsewhere that was in our favour but each time it turned out to be false.

Was too young to really appreciate or realise what relegation meant.

And of course we found ourselves back there in 2002 but that was just confirmation of the long-inevitable and probably came as a relief that it was over. Think as a support we had a bit of arrogance at the time as well that the First Division would be a piece of piss. How wrong we were...

I've got my ticket, can't say I'm overly looking forward to it, but hey ho we are where we are. 

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

Ticket sales for Sunday are... interesting.

Suspect we have sold bugger all? For me, the end if the county game just had a resigned air about the place. I'd imagine most are of the view we will be in the playoff, so holding off for a trip to Kirkcaldy or Glasgow. 

Hope tends to spring up on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning for me, not sure if that's the same for others. I can't go but if I could I probably would on the off chance we win and secure safety.

I remember 94 but wasn't there in 02 as I couldn't stomach Stark any longer. 

94 was something else. You could tell Sturrock was a different kettle of fish and we'd have been nowhere near relegation with him in earlier. 

I think we'll be surprised how good some of our players will look, if we play Raith, tbh, and Dabrowski isn't a keeper I rate so we should score.

It just depends on if they score first and when we collapse.

Not to say that I’m confident, or that I’d be shocked if we did end up getting relegated by Raith, but I feel quite a bit better having watched that. 

I have no faith in the coaching staff or these players. They have barely shown anything against an already relegated team and their nearest rival. Just a few short weeks ago survival was in their hands and they threw it away. 

I feel we should be able to beat Rovers. 
If we let them get momentum and go ahead we will struggle, we’re just not good under pressure.

But start positively like we did at Livingston with taking a few chances and could see a lot of these players suddenly find a bit of belief.

Regardless of the outcome on Sunday, just hope we can produce a performance and a more positive result so we wouldn’t be going into a play off on a complete low.

Levein saying Sprangler isn't likely to play again this season, which feels a blow. Was hoping he'd be back for any potential play off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levein saying Sprangler isn't likely to play again this season, which feels a blow. Was hoping he'd be back for any potential play off.

Sprangler has been a key miss for us.

The whole team seems to play better when he's on the pitch.

I can't help but feel that if he had stayed fit, then we'd already be safe.

Even the last couple of games would have been won if he'd been in his usual spot.

With him playing, Livi don't score either of their goals from last weekend, and Dhanda doesn't get the space and time to waltz through for his on Wednesday.