Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Leith Green said:

WTF happens if St Mirren win the cup?

Do we know if that spot goes to the runner up or simply fall to the 3rd placed team in the league?

What a mess.

I'd imagine it'll go to the league?

I'd be surprised if they don't succeed in appealing it though.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Hopefully McCann, Kerr & Rooney each agree to another couple of years.

In order of preference and who I think would be easiest to replace -

1. Jason Kerr
  2. Jamie McCart
  3. Shaun Rooney
  4. Ali McCann (By virtue of the fact he's already got 2 years left)

I'm leaving Shaun Rooney as below the centrebacks since he's only really played half a season and whilst he's been terrific and is clearly improving under Davidson, Callum clearly has an eye for fullbacks and he'd be the easiest to replace out of the 4 I'd say. Not that I don't want him to get a 5 year deal, sign the baldy b*****d up forever I'm all for it. 

If O'Halloran does get a new deal, he's pulled the typical Chris Kane move of only actually playing well and contributing when his future is on the line. If he signs on again and he agrees, much like May, a deal which is apportioned to his squad role (backup/impact sub) then I'm ok with it. But realistically I think the money could be better spent and that his best days are gone, so really we should be letting him go. 

53 minutes ago, Widge said:

In order of preference and who I think would be easiest to replace -

1. Jason Kerr
  2. Jamie McCart
  3. Shaun Rooney
  4. Ali McCann (By virtue of the fact he's already got 2 years left)

I'm leaving Shaun Rooney as below the centrebacks since he's only really played half a season and whilst he's been terrific and is clearly improving under Davidson, Callum clearly has an eye for fullbacks and he'd be the easiest to replace out of the 4 I'd say. Not that I don't want him to get a 5 year deal, sign the baldy b*****d up forever I'm all for it. 

If O'Halloran does get a new deal, he's pulled the typical Chris Kane move of only actually playing well and contributing when his future is on the line. If he signs on again and he agrees, much like May, a deal which is apportioned to his squad role (backup/impact sub) then I'm ok with it. But realistically I think the money could be better spent and that his best days are gone, so really we should be letting him go. 

Probably one of the most frustrating players we’ve ever signed.

So do you get a spot in Europe if anyone except United win the Cup? Hibs already in a European spot, and St Mirren and Livi are ineligible for European football.

Jammiest b*****ds on Earth if so, fair play.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So do you get a spot in Europe if anyone except United win the Cup? Hibs already in a European spot, and St Mirren and Livi are ineligible for European football.

Winning the Scottish cup and finishing 5th, as well as the other cup isn't jammy m9.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Seems like it. Group stage European football if we manage to lift the cup ourselves.

Thank f**k for Charlie Adam :wub: 

Just been watching the interview on YouTube with Guy Melamed and his agent. I think the section at 39:25 is quite interesting. The agent seems more open to a further year at Saints than I assumed he might. Doesn’t seem a particularly trustworthy character, but good to know that it’s very much still a possibility.

be shocked if he is here next season (think of a certain agent back in 2019 with another forward we eventually signed).!   

This one is worse apparently. Strange that he hawks his players around all the social media phantom agent sites, rather than actual press.

2 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

be shocked if he is here next season (think of a certain agent back in 2019 with another forward we eventually signed).!   

This one is worse apparently. Strange that he hawks his players around all the social media phantom agent sites, rather than actual press.

He uses Twitter too, tbf.

St Johnstone playing a major part of Falkirk staying in League One another year.

Craig Thomson scores against them at the same time Cammy Ballantyne scores for Montrose. As it stands Montrose are in the play offs and Falkirk are not.

13 hours ago, Radford said:

We definitely need to start compiling a list of all the clubs that Clive is linking Tanser with.

Latest is Swindon, Bristol Rovers and Colchester United. 

Was just looking back at this. 

Clive started off with the Old Firm and "leading clubs" in England : https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-radar-st-johnstone-ace-targeted-by-spl-efl-clubs/

We then had Barnsley (in Championship play-offs) and the biggest club in League One:

When the local press scuppered Clive's plans with the revelation that Mansfield (17th in League Two) had been to watch him, Clive bounced back by just sticking pins in his big football map and deciding to go for quantity over quality:

Never trust a man called Clive. 

Surely Cammy Ballantyne will get a chance to stake a claim at Saints next season. Two seasons at Montrose as a regular. Folk talking about signing a central midfielder when we maybe have one right under our nose. 

If he does come back into the squad and Bryson and Davidson are retained, we look pretty well covered in that area. 

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Surely Cammy Ballantyne will get a chance to stake a claim at Saints next season. Two seasons at Montrose as a regular. Folk talking about signing a central midfielder when we maybe have one right under our nose. 

If he does come back into the squad and Bryson and Davidson are retained, we look pretty well covered in that area. 

Have you seen much of Ballantyne? What type of player is he? Could he be a McCann replacement?