Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think that guaranteed European non-qualifiers until December could provide a bit of a pull this time around, but maybe more so for incoming players rather than our current in-demand ones.

Its the same old debate. If a player gets the chance of a 2 or 3 year deal somewhere that isnt Saints earning 10%+. They're not coming or staying at Saints. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

30 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Its the same old debate. If a player gets the chance of a 2 or 3 year deal somewhere that isnt Saints earning 10%+. They're not coming or staying at Saints. 

Yeah this.

Most players don't join Saints with the intention of staying for more than 2/3 years, so this whole thing is all about timing. We need to have already identified some players who could replace Kerr/McCart etc., and know when's best to get them in. 

Convinced us now having a set style/set up makes recruitment a bit easier. If you don't know how to play you end up like Aberdeen, just signing the best players you can and hope they work well together. This'll be Davidsons/Boyds biggest test this Summer.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

To put into context the panic about the imminent break-up of our team: this time last year we were shiteing it that Drey Wright might not sign on again.

Or 10 years ago??? Gary Irvine might be moving to was it Swindon Town! If i also remember we would be fucked if it was the case! 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah this.

Most players don't join Saints with the intention of staying for more than 2/3 years, so this whole thing is all about timing. We need to have already identified some players who could replace Kerr/McCart etc., and know when's best to get them in. 

Convinced us now having a set style/set up makes recruitment a bit easier. If you don't know how to play you end up like Aberdeen, just signing the best players you can and hope they work well together. This'll be Davidsons/Boyds biggest test this Summer.

Some Pundit was saying only few weeks ago players that sign for St Johnstone Fc are inclined  stay around for longer than at other clubs??? 

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

Some Pundit was saying only few weeks ago players that sign for St Johnstone Fc are inclined  stay around for longer than at other clubs??? 

I'd imagine we're a hard club to leave, for some. Settled environment, guaranteed wage, good atmosphere in the squad.

I just don't believe the likes of McCart/Rooney/Hendry if we somehow do get him, would have signed with the idea of playing more than 2/3 seasons with us before moving up the ladder. With that in mind, I'd be surprised if McCart/Kerr/Rooney/McCann would extend their current deals much further.

On 23/05/2016 at 19:33, RandomGuy. said:

Mark Connolly, Craig Slater and Rory McKenzie all being punted by Killie. I'd be chuffed with all three tbh, although Slaters seemingly off to Aberdeen.

On 24/05/2016 at 07:35, RandomGuy. said:

We can all relax, as its been announced Jason Kerr has signed a one year contract extension 

First few pages of this thread are a rollercoaster, btw. Some I'm happy with, some I'm not.

Remember when we were all buzzing about signing Alston?

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

First few pages of this thread are a rollercoaster, btw. Some I'm happy with, some I'm not.

Remember when we were all buzzing about signing Alston?

Yeah. I'm sure I remember Falkirk fans warning us that he loved to go missing.

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Parish signed up again

Bit disappointed, purely as it means we'll not be looking for a new keeper.

Worse 2nd choices I guess, though.

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Parish signed up again

Oh? Is this in the Dogger saints podcast? Not had the chance to listen to his interview yet. 

59 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Do you honestly ever think we ever were?

Not for a second. 

Well it had been suggested that we'd been looking at a keeper since January.

Is this one of those things where someone gives you bad news, then reveals even worse news to make it seem better?

Also, Livingston and St Mirren both been rejected for a UEFA licence, so Europe looks in the bag if Hibs beat United 👀

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7057498/st-mirren-refused-licence-europe-3m-scottish-cup-windfall/

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, Livingston and St Mirren both been rejected for a UEFA licence, so Europe looks in the bag if Hibs beat United 👀

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7057498/st-mirren-refused-licence-europe-3m-scottish-cup-windfall/

WTF happens if St Mirren win the cup?

Do we know if that spot goes to the runner up or simply fall to the 3rd placed team in the league?

What a mess.