Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Rangers had approval to have capacity crowds by Glasgow council. 
I know it's a direct comparison in any way and different council but good signs surely?
Surely allowing McDiarmid to have full capacity isn't a higher risk than allowing Ibrox to be full. 

If any council was going to be difficult with any side it would be GCC with Rangers or Celtic.

Definitely helps us and we should see restrictions lifted.

If Booth is fit and ready to play, I’d say it’s a no-brainer to start him. Devine looked good against Ross County. But, with all due respect, it was against Ross County. We have seen Booth perform admirably on the biggest stage of domestic football and I trust him with my life.

We aren’t a team who generally get ‘pumped’. Football-wise, would we say that Galatasaray are probably of a similar quality to Rangers? Of course, the unknown quantity and the high temperatures make this a tougher ask. I’d say a one-goal defeat would be an excellent result for us, but I can foresee us maybe having a two-goal deficit to try and pull back next week.

Edited by The Real Saints

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

If Booth is fit and ready to play, I’d say it’s a no-brainer to start him. Devine looked good against Ross County. But, with all due respect, it was against Ross County. We have seen Booth perform admirably on the biggest stage of domestic football and I trust him with my life.

We aren’t a team who generally get ‘pumped’. Football-wise, would we say that Galatasaray are probably of a similar quality to Rangers? Of course, the unknown quantity and the high temperatures make this a tougher ask. I’d say a one-goal defeat would be an excellent result for us, but I can foresee us maybe having a two-goal deficit to try and pull back next week.

Under normal circumstances  I would want Booth to play but he has not had the game time to work  up to match fitness so I would start with Devine tonight 

Not sure I get the match fitness argument as Booth has played the same amount, if not more, than Devine in pre-season. This will be a tough test defensively, which suits Booth down the ground. I haven’t seen enough of Devine to know how he’d cope with that, but I don’t think I’d take the risk unless Booth genuinely isn’t fit enough to start.

13 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Not sure I get the match fitness argument as Booth has played the same amount, if not more, than Devine in pre-season. This will be a tough test defensively, which suits Booth down the ground. I haven’t seen enough of Devine to know how he’d cope with that, but I don’t think I’d take the risk unless Booth genuinely isn’t fit enough to start.

Hasn't for a few weeks though and missed training for a period. 30oc ish tonight. 😐

Incredible stuff from M. Davidson, midway through first half I thought both that he might get sent off and that his legs would 100% go, but he was still there calming folk down and cutting up their play.

Obviously McCann and McCart stole the show but Muzz deserve some credit for that second half recovery too

Great result - pity the away goals rule is gone! Just need to beat them in Perth, although I’m not sure there’s a lot to fear from Galatasaray.

Front men put a hell of a shift in, but Ali McCann stuck out like a sore thumb - must be worth a £500k bid from Rotherham now.

What a bloody result. The boys were unbelievable, grew into the game and didn't look out of place. I can't believe I've just watched them draw with Galatasaray in Istanbul.

McCann - immense. Zander's save near the end as well, brilliant. But every man played their part.

Let's hope McDiarmid is full next week and get the place f*cking rocking. We can definitely take this lot.

I'm gonna sit and just soak this all in. Can't get over what this team can do.