Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Play them at Hampden

I'd rather pack out McDiarmid. This'll get mocked by other fans but it's a genuine cauldron when it's packed and the fans are up for it.

If we could get 8k+ in, under the floodlights, it could be unbelievable. Their away form seems poor so anything is possible. 

I'd rather pack out McDiarmid. This'll get mocked by other fans but it's a genuine cauldron when it's packed and the fans are up for it.
If we could get 8k+ in, under the floodlights, it could be unbelievable. Their away form seems poor so anything is possible. 
Any stats on their away record?

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

A quick glance gets 1 win from their last 22 away games, which came against a team from Azerbaijan.

8 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Away record in Europe since 2013:

23 games played, 1 win (vs Neftci of Azerbaijan), 4 draws and 18 defeats.

Scored just 14 goals, conceding 57.

Agree, McDiarmid on a European night is magnificent.  All we would have wanted is to  still be in the tie and we've more than done that.

On a separate issue, do we want Hibs knocked out?  Would usually want all non-OF Scottish teams through in Europe, but if they're sniffing about McCart, the loss of potential earnings and not having the attraction of European football might make him question the attraction of the move a bit more.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree, McDiarmid on a European night is magnificent.  All we would have wanted is to  still be in the tie and we've more than done that.

On a separate issue, do we want Hibs knocked out?  Would usually want all non-OF Scottish teams through in Europe, but if they're sniffing about McCart, the loss of potential earnings and not having the attraction of European football might make him question the attraction of the move a bit more.

McCart ain’t going to Hibs, he’s destined for greater things than Scottish football. He’s quite frankly an excellent footballer and a player of his ability won’t hang around long. Same as a lot of this team to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

McCart ain’t going to Hibs, he’s destined for greater things than Scottish football. He’s quite frankly an excellent footballer and a player of his ability won’t hang around long. Same as a lot of this team to be honest. 

Agree he should be looking at far bigger and better than our rivals.

Everytime I think I’ve hit the peak in supporting St. Johnstone they top it.

Tonight was a free hit, for us to still be in it is fanfuckingtastic.

Pack out Mcdiarmid next week, these players deserve it.

Also, let’s be real here, this team likely doesn’t have long together. But I will enjoy it very much. I’ve no fear for the future. Davidson and his players will be in large demand but will make sure we’re well looked after.

We’re blue, we’re white and we’re fucking dynamite.

You know what, even when we next have a poor season and get relegated, etc. At least we can actually look back and say what a fucking time we had for this particular decade. Some team and some laugh, let’s fucking enjoy every second.