Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I presume Liam or Stevie May would have taken if they were on the park. 
Jason said it was agreed the day before he'd take it. I imagine that was after the starting 11 was decided. 
Kane wanted it too according to Kerr after the game.

50 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
55 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
I presume Liam or Stevie May would have taken if they were on the park. 
Jason said it was agreed the day before he'd take it. I imagine that was after the starting 11 was decided. 

Kane wanted it too according to Kerr after the game.

Yikes. I'd let the physio take one before Kane.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
New deals have been offered to a "number of players". 

Cant wait for a Charlie Adam think piece on why everyone should just get round the table and agree to just give the money to the agents.

The Old Firm's European presence has been propping up the domestic game for years: now it's time for St Johnstone to share the dividend with Ranger and Celtic.

90 minutes from life changing monies for the club.
Win on Thursday and we are guaranteed at worst a place in the Europa conference which brings nearly 3 million euros just for qualifying.
If we were to take out Randers, then it would be 3.6 million euros just for qualifying.
Win on Thursday and we have another 8 games guaranteed in Europe.
4 at home and you would imagine near capacity for all 4. Say 7500 per game at 25 quid a pop, you are looking at 750k just from gate receipts. Throw in money from hospitality and TV rights, it could easily be worth another million.
Then we come to potential earnings per win/draw in the group stages. Europa League is 660k euros per win, 210k euro per draw.
Conference is 500k euros per win, 166k euros per draw
Next Thursday night is probably easily worth 4/5 million quid.
Remarkable

Win on Thursday and we are guaranteed at worst a place in the Europa conference which brings nearly 3 million euros just for qualifying.
If we were to take out Randers, then it would be 3.6 million euros just for qualifying.
4 at home and you would imagine near capacity for all 4. Say 7500 per game at 25 quid a pop, you are looking at 750k just from gate receipts. Throw in money from hospitality and TV rights, it could easily be worth another million.
Then we come to potential earnings per win/draw in the group stages. Europa League is 660k euros per win, 210k euro per draw.
Remarkable
You would imagine that also opens up strategic contract offers and in turn provides higher future transfer fees.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Remarkable

Ali McCann plays like that again and it won't be the only 4/5 million that the club makes from this run either

On the penalty thing, i wonder if part of our issue over the last few years has been we change the taker so regularly, generally after they miss one.  I think there's a bit of added mental pressure due to the amount it feels like we've missed the past few years.  Going back about 4 years; Maclean, Wotherspoon, May have all missed at least a couple, Tanser, Watt, Craig, Kennedy, McCann all missed as well.  Should maybe say to a player, you're on the next three regardless, so they get the chance to find their method and handle the nerves.

On a different note, I still think the change in Chris Kane is incredible.  A year ago someone tells you we're going to Galatasary with Kane leading the line and it would be worry. Now you're desperate for him to be fit to start.  He never once looked out his depth up there against quality European opposition, holding the ball up and winning fouls.  Fully deserved for all the years of hard work he's put in, and a bit of stick at times.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

On the penalty thing, i wonder if part of our issue over the last few years has been we change the taker so regularly, generally after they miss one.  I think there's a bit of added mental pressure due to the amount it feels like we've missed the past few years.  Going back about 4 years; Maclean, Wotherspoon, May have all missed at least a couple, Tanser, Watt, Craig, Kennedy, McCann all missed as well.  Should maybe say to a player, you're on the next three regardless, so they get the chance to find their method and handle the nerves.

On a different note, I still think the change in Chris Kane is incredible.  A year ago someone tells you we're going to Galatasary with Kane leading the line and it would be worry. Now you're desperate for him to be fit to start.  He never once looked out his depth up there against quality European opposition, holding the ball up and winning fouls.  Fully deserved for all the years of hard work he's put in, and a bit of stick at times.

Chris Kane in these sort of games is invaluable. He's developed a really nice habit of taking the ball in and spinning a defender to win a freekick. We all know he's not going to do anything with the ball if he does break, but the defender doesn't need to know that. I counted 3/4 times last night where he bought the team a minute or two breather just by putting his body in front of the ball. The boy Marcao never quite got to grips with him fully either and had a couple of niggles at him.

For what it's worth the other centreback, Luyindama did the same trick 4 times as last man, let the player commit and spin him and move away with the ball. I hope saints have been taking note of that, cause making him play it back to the keeper may cause them issues. From reading their forum they had issues with back passes all of last season and that's not changed. 

Arbroath vs St Johnstone - Tickets now on sale
Arbroath FC welcome League Cup Holders to Gayfield Park on Sunday 15th August with a 2pm kick off in the 2nd round of the Premier Sports Cup and we are delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale.
Arbroath Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/
St Johnstone Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/away-tickets/
Ticket prices are as follows;
£19: Adult (Over 18)
£12: Concessions (Over 65, Students, Juvenile, Disabled supporter which includes Carer)
£22: Parent and Child (U12)
£24: Parent and Two Children (U12)
As with all cup competitions Season Tickets are NOT valid and any supporter wishing to attend must purchase a ticket for this match.
All tickets must be purchased online. There will be NO cash turnstiles on the day.
Segregation will be in place for this match.
Arbroath Supporters will occupy sections A, B and C of the main stand and the Pleasureland End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. Arbroath Supporters will enter via Gate 1.
St Johnstone will occupy Section G of the Main Stand and the Harbour End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. St Johnstone Supporters will enter via Gates 2 and 3.
Seats in the Stands will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis. St Johnstone fans should be advised that only a small number of stands seats will be available.
There are disabled bays in front of Section A and Section H which are accessible by ramps parallel to these sections.
Each side of the ground has toilets and a refreshment booth selling drinks and snacks, while there are pie stands in far corners of the East Terrace.
We look forward to welcoming a large crowd to Gayfield for what is set to be a cracking cup tie!

Arbroath vs St Johnstone - Supporter Info web.jpg

Edited by Gayfield