Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some fans were happy we lost Swanson because it meant Thomson would get a chance, as Swanson was lazy whereas Thomson has pace and "would give 100%". I'd bet there'd be a couple of folk on WAP who'd complain if we signed MOH purely because they think Thomsons better.

Roasters, the lot of them

Season Ticket sales clearly going very well - we're already at 90% of last season's overall total and are on course to surpass it. Considering how dire the football was at home last season, that's a pretty decent effort from the fans. No doubt helped by some excellent incentives to buy from the club.

Season Ticket sales clearly going very well - we're already at 90% of last season's overall total and are on course to surpass it. Considering how dire the football was at home last season, that's a pretty decent effort from the fans. No doubt helped by some excellent incentives to buy from the club.

Any idea what last seasons figure was?

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Club was much better organised this year and started selling them much earlier. Really good promotion too. My own hunch is that we still won't surpass last season though.

Very true. I think we'll get another burst of sales just before the start of the league season. Whether that's enough to surpass last season's tally or not remains to be seen, but they've had a good go of getting people to buy this year. 

I wonder if they're specifically targeting people who haven't renewed their season tickets with phone calls or emails? I don't think they did last year, but could encourage a few to renew. 

It would appear we have Romain Habran - A former French U20 internationalist and current PSG B player - on trial with us for the next 10 days. He's 23 now.

He's listed as a midfielder, which is probably where we need players least... but foreign trialists are always a good laugh.

Edit: transfermarkt reckon he's a right winger who can play on the left. he's played 66 matches for clubs in the French second and third tier. Excellent.

Sign him now, Thomas. 

Edited by Kyle

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Romain Habran

I demand we sign him just based on this picture. The dyed quiff, the earring, the moustache and the beginnings of a Billy goat beard. 

@The Real Saints will absolutely love him.

Based on that photo he's better than Cummins, Thomson and Kane put together. 

Imagine Kane with a nose piercing, think I feel a bit sick.

Habran-fleuriste.jpg

:lol: The more I see, the more I like.

Was a regular for the France U20s who won the Toulon Tournament in 2015, scoring two goals, including their first in the Final.