Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Delighted to see O'Halloran back.

Spoony is looking good this pre-season, will be like a third new jewel in itself if he's balling as hes capable.

Our squad looks brilliant going into this season, and if we did add another striker.... champions of Europe 2019 you would imagine.

My only two very minor concerns are that we may well start the season a bit slowly; our pre-season has been disjointed due to Europe, and others have been playing competitive league cup games so might have a slight edge on us.  The other is the size of our squad! We had two starting premiership quality teams today, that's without Kerr, S Maclean, McLean, Watson and two playing for east fife.  There are so many options hopefully the temptation to constantly change things isn't too great, and we quickly settle on out strongest team.

Expect Watson to be moved on, Kerr and one of Gilchrist or Gordon, and possibly Thomson to be loaned out.

As mentioned, they are two very minor concerns, far rather have too many options than the opposite scenario. Looking forward to this season a lot, and hopefully a good few more locals are tempted along to back the club after this summer's dealings.

Our options are mental right now. 

Goalies: Mannus, Clark, Hurst

Defenders: Foster, Anderson, Shaughnessy, Easton, Tanser, Watson, Gilchrist, Gordon, Kerr, Comrie

Midfield/winters: Spoony, Alston, MOH, Scougall, Davidson, Millar, Paton, Craig, Thomson,McClean

Forwards: Maclean, Cummins, Kane, Hurst, Hendry +1 more jewel. 

Thats 28 players who have played for the first team over the course of pre-season/Europe and we know there's another striker to come.  Watson is leaving and a few of those young lads will end up out on loan but long gone are the days when Steve was wanting no one sitting in the stands. 

Must say as well - Tommy and Brown were spot on to wait until later in the window to see who else became available. We got Scougall relatively early, but the likes of Storey, MOH, Sammon and a.n other who I've heard we're interested in today would likely not have been available before other clubs got their own business done. 

Looking forward to the season getting started now. If the pre-season matches are anything to go by, we're going to be a much better side to watch this season 

Edited by Kyle

I would imagine that Hurst and Gordon will probably be at East Fife on loan next season after today.

I think the squad is looking good for next season, we desperately need another striker though and I would be happy with Sammon coming in and Kane going on loan - this would leave Cummins as back up.

So many options is midfield but you would hope that Craig won't be starting too often, he slows our play down so much - happy to have him as backup though.

I would say that this is definitely a top 6 squad again and I reckon the football will improve next season as well. A good pre-season both on and off the park imo.

I'm not coming here as a wind up - if Hearts dispose of Cathro and Levein (Which is a major if) - do you guys think Tommy can be prized away at this point of the season? He's being mooted on the radio. I know Wright whores himself from time to time but this would be the worst time of a season to leave should an opportunity present itself you'd think?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not coming here as a wind up - if Hearts dispose of Cathro and Levein (Which is a major if) - do you guys think Tommy can be prized away at this point of the season? He's being mooted on the radio. I know Wright whores himself from time to time but this would be the worst time of a season to leave should an opportunity present itself you'd think?

He has clearly found his level and should stay. Was clueless when making the step up against big boys from Lithuania.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not hip enough for Hearts. More seriously, I can't see him going to Hearts whilst Levein is involved. I think they'll go down the up and coming route again as it seems to suit him. I was far more concerned about losing him to Aberdeen than I would be about Hearts  

If he's offered it, I think he'll go right enough. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

You're very easy to convince. I think that Dundee have a serious chance of securing a top-six finish as well. Good times to be supporting the top two forces in Tayside.

Hard to tell right now but Hearts will punt Cathro and get their act together I would image. Rangers can also only improve. I reckon you guys will fight with Hibs for 5th. I will take 7th for us.