Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

So, when are we expecting to get the fixtures?

Should be home to St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs and away to Dundee and Livi, don’t see it though as it’ll depend on what other sides are due isn’t it?

Yes, goal difference is important. And that today, aside from being embarrassing, will make a difference. But thinking about it, we have to win two games that St. Mirren lose, and assuming (hoping) they lose to Rangers tomorrow, that’s automatically a five goal swing, so it’s retrievable. 
The biggest problem is after today it’s hard to see us winning two more than St. Mirren. Or Dundee

1 hour ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Yes, goal difference is important. And that today, aside from being embarrassing, will make a difference. But thinking about it, we have to win two games that St. Mirren lose, and assuming (hoping) they lose to Rangers tomorrow, that’s automatically a five goal swing, so it’s retrievable. 
The biggest problem is after today it’s hard to see us winning two more than St. Mirren. Or Dundee

You do realise we are on the same points as Aberdeen, with a game in hand( albeit against them) don't you.

We are undoubtedly going through a poor run of results, but I'm sure its not just between ourselves for the dreaded 11th spot.

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You do realise we are on the same points as Aberdeen, with a game in hand( albeit against them) don't you.

We are undoubtedly going through a poor run of results, but I'm sure its not just between ourselves for the dreaded 11th spot.

We're not proud, we'd happily see anyone in 11th and us upto 10th.  I don't think it's likely.  Not going to be too surprised if  st Mirren take something in their match v rangers tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Agreed. From looking at other threads of sides now in the bottom 6, the overwhelming thought is their season is over. A 6/7/8 point lead may seem insurmountable but strange things can happen post split.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Sorry, it’s just they’ve  been on such a downward spiral it makes sense to target them. I’m clutching at straws, that much is clear

Edit: I did state I was hoping Rangers did the business tomoro

Edited by TheRealNumber5
Memory lapse

2 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Sorry, it’s just they’ve  been on such a downward spiral it makes sense to target them. I’m clutching at straws, that much is clear

Edit: I did state I was hoping Rangers did the business tomoro

I don't think we've much chance tomorrow,  but still think its not down to two teams for 11th place.

I get the anger and disappointment from today, I sat through it whilst Celtic fans sung their shite all around us, and am still annoyed at how we played.

But I also sat through the same score on the first day of the season 4(?) years ago.  Equally inept as far as I recall, though it did have the redeeming feature of the emergence of Ali McCann later on.

The players have to look at themselves here as well as the manager.  At 0-0 Booth was chasing a ball off the pitch for some bizarre reason whilst Celtic took the throw in with another ball and forced a good save from Clark. 10 minutes later he played a pass back without looking to set up Celtic’s second. Gordon let’s a 5’7 striker run off him and score a header for the third. Brown is easily muscled out of a header to such an extent that his opponent can even chest it down in mid-air.  Even when we won tackles it was mad how every single time it broke to the Celtic players, they were so alert and hungry to get it back whilst we barely reacted.

It looked like we were scared to upset them, no standing in front of free kicks, kicking the ball away, surrounding the ref appealing. Just an acceptance that getting pumped by them was the way it should be.

Harsh and unfair to single out a sub, but even Butterfield with a big smile and waving enthusiastically a couple of times to friends in the Saints support as he was warming up completely unfazed at the 5-0 shambles behind him spoke volumes to me.  Really petty probably I know but he looked like he didn’t have a care in the world and was just happy to be there.

If st Mirren lose tomorrow then it’s a massive let off for us, with only 1 point lost to Dundee. 2 weeks to put this behind us is no bad thing, think I’d like to play Hibs on our tattie field first in the hope that they consider their season over. Playing Dundee and losing in the first game would bring major fear!

I will never make lengthy excuses for losing 7-0 but the two defeats by that scoreline at Celtic Park are very different in my opinion.

Yesterday was a disgraceful performance with absolutely nothing to cling to. I don't even trust this manager and group of players to give us a reaction. 

The opening day defeat a couple of seasons ago came after a bad, injury-hit summer that Tommy Wright got very wrong. Duffy and Vihmann were so far below standard but a major contributor was the performance of the goalkeeper, who had one of his worst days and one that set the tone for the next 18 months unfortunately. At least four of the goals were from outside the box and should have been dealt with better.

A glimmer of light came out of that game though in the second half performance of Ali McCann. Tommy Wright took the opportunity to offer a young player some minutes. Callum Davidson left John Mahon and Charlie Gilmour benched to bring on Jacob Butterfield because he had friends in the crowd. 

More important than staying up or going down, from a purely football point of view, is getting rid of this manager and his collection of sub-standard dross. We've played 41 games this season, I reckon he's got a performance out of the team in about half-a-dozen of them. 

Change needed and there is an argument it should be right now. 

Does anyone think that Callum actually went through the players yesterday? Telling them that that was an absolutely disgraceful performance? I don't.

I don't particularly think he'll go in depth at the team meeting either. Simple brush over it as a blip and Celtic can do that to you. I'm done with his brand of awful football played by what he classes as good professionals.