Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Mitov/Sinclair

New RB, Gordon, Baggot, Gallacher

Wright, Phillips, New CM, Carey

May, Jephcott

+ add a new winger into the mix to compete with Wright and/or Carey. I don’t want to get too carried away, but I think this team could potentially win the league.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Mitov/Sinclair

New RB, Gordon, Baggot, Gallacher

Wright, Phillips, New CM, Carey

May, Jephcott

+ add a new winger into the mix to compete with Wright and/or Carey. I don’t want to get too carried away, but I think this team could potentially win the league.

What league? 🤣

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Plymouth fans seem to just be wishing him all the best. 

They're not anything like the Cambridge levels of delusion. 

They also worship Graham Carey, so I think they’re a different kind of delusional! 

But also, it’s pleasantly nice seeing a team wish a player well and say that he’s a good player, it just wasn’t the right time it team for him. Don’t remember the last time we picked up a player at a team of a similar level who didn’t automatically see us as a step down or that the player wasn’t good enough. Fingers crossed he can get scoring right away. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

They also worship Graham Carey, so I think they’re a different kind of delusional! 

But also, it’s pleasantly nice seeing a team wish a player well and say that he’s a good player, it just wasn’t the right time it team for him. Don’t remember the last time we picked up a player at a team of a similar level who didn’t automatically see us as a step down or that the player wasn’t good enough. Fingers crossed he can get scoring right away. 

I'm sure he's named in their Greatest Ever XI 🤣

27 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'm sure he's named in their Greatest Ever XI 🤣

Their official site ran a poll a few years ago and he was voted their 3rd best winger of all time.

Around the same time a paper ran a poll for their greatest ever player and he finished 5th.

Tbf i think he was almost scoring 1 in 3 for them and most were screamers. Its like if we'd had peak Swanson playing for us regularly for 3 seasons, i think. He'd have been right up there for me just due to entertainment factor.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not sure St Johnstone is the team Luke Jephcott has always dreamed of playing for…

IMG_8446.jpeg.35267a29ca5305af126f92c68936eb0e.jpegIMG_8445.jpeg.05a2e7e7af80dfb870f5df9e60a1f42f.jpegIMG_8444.jpeg.820496d86a504646ac161472f74c7e27.jpegIMG_8443.jpeg.ce3849c2e2639177dd4363c623635f76.jpeg

Well he’s here now, so f**k his dreams. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their official site ran a poll a few years ago and he was voted their 3rd best winger of all time.

Around the same time a paper ran a poll for their greatest ever player and he finished 5th.

Tbf i think he was almost scoring 1 in 3 for them and most were screamers. Its like if we'd had peak Swanson playing for us regularly for 3 seasons, i think. He'd have been right up there for me just due to entertainment factor.

Realistically it was just the season before he joined us that he was skipping past the Roma defence and scoring at the Stadio Olympic. We've seen shit all from him.

According to the Manager in the Courier. The other signing had agreed terms but it fell through. 

The player whoever it is hasn't gone anywhere else either. Suggestions it could be revived later. 

If the reason it fell through was because they didn't want to sign for Saints then I reckon they should think very carefully about signing them after all. If the heart isn't in it... 😬

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

According to the Manager in the Courier. The other signing had agreed terms but it fell through. 

The player whoever it is hasn't gone anywhere else either. Suggestions it could be revived later. 

If the reason it fell through was because they didn't want to sign for Saints then I reckon they should think very carefully about signing them after all. If the heart isn't in it... 😬

Probably ££££ and agent 

Learning curve for Macca, don't tell folk until it's signed and sealed. I can understand why he did though, needing a pick me up from last weekend, it basically being as close as the player just needing to try the shirt on and all the talks being positive. I can see why he's left it open as well as a lot of work has went into it but personally I'd be moving on unless that was your top choice, which I'm not sure if it was.

A good win today will help things along.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Learning curve for Macca, don't tell folk until it's signed and sealed. I can understand why he did though, needing a pick me up from last weekend, it basically being as close as the player just needing to try the shirt on and all the talks being positive. I can see why he's left it open as well as a lot of work has went into it but personally I'd be moving on unless that was your top choice, which I'm not sure if it was.

A good win today will help things along.

Any idea what position it was for?