Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I heard VSO was on a fortune, but he's obviously not on that list. 

We paid fortunes on wages and fees the year after the cup double, but only after we sold our best players for buttons (and after Davidson had refused to sign anyone before the left because he didn't want an inflated squad. That man really was a fucking idiot). 

Leveins interview last night, to me, was very much an exasperated one where he just wants to get to the transfer window and rejig the squad now, and the games left are just in the way.

Really interested to see who he brings in.

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Can we sign anyone before the Dundee game?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but yes.

Opens at 00:01 on January 1st, we play Dundee on the 2nd. If they have deals agreed, and paperwork all poised and ready to go, then they just need to file the paperwork pretty early on the 1st and it should hopefully be all done by the 2nd.

14 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Heard 3 deals already pretty much done and dusted. We definitely need an injection of "better options". 

you'd have to wonder who though would have almost signed a deal to move in a January window? Mabey Irish league players? Scandinavian league players??   

Any info on them?

25 minutes ago, Center half said:

you'd have to wonder who though would have almost signed a deal to move in a January window? Mabey Irish league players? Scandinavian league players??   

Any info on them?

Sorry no I don't. I would guess loans that have been agreed in principle with parent club. 

Can we blame CD for the lack of bravery comments from CL last night. 

CD was so risk averse and I believe that his coaching/management will surely have been ingrained into the players/tactics.

Remember the way Eetu was hung out to dry for trying a fancy flick at Ibrox. 

May take a while for players to feel comfortable in trying to be more expressive/braver.

Did not attend the game yesterday but from the limited highlights I did see, we do appear to be getting more bodies in and around the opposition box. I thought the same against Hibs. 

I feel CL is slowly starting to turn our style around and with the addition of new players/greater depth, I really feel we can kick on in the second half of the season. 

It would be great to grab all 3 points against Dundee and get the away performance monkey of our back. 

Edited by perthsaint1977

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Can we sign anyone before the Dundee game?

Wonder if international clearance might be an issue if they're signed from elsewhere with offices being mostly closed?

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

No game this weekend? 

Hibs game from this weekend was moved to a few weeks ago to fill an empty Sat and free up the busy schedule a bit.