Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

County showed that if you roll your sleeves up and get wired in you can get rewards. Does anyone honestly think we could do this with the gutless wonders we have to suffer every week? A manager that actually plays to win games wouldn’t harm either 

I’d fancy County to finish 10th now. I think the key difference will be in those matches against teams like Hibs and Motherwell who have less at stake. You can bet your life that County will be fighting for maximum points in those games. On the other hand, when we’re playing against those same teams, I imagine that a neutral wouldn’t be able to work out who is fighting for survival. 

If we go for it and actually try and win games and finish 11th then so be it, it will be deserved. I was wanting county to beat them as soon as the equaliser went in. Fair play to them and may the best team survive. Ideal outcome would be us both beating Aberdeen after the split and it being a great end to the season.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If we go for it and actually try and win games

Stopped reading here.

48 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ideal outcome would be us both beating Aberdeen after the split and it being a great end to the season.

Good luck. And remember, we're all counting on you.

images(2).jpg.a712f18903837170689bf878945dede7.jpg

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stopped reading here.

The thing is we shouldn't even be looking at County's results, fair play to them if they win some games. Saints just need to win their own games, unlikely I know, but it's in our own hands.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Really hope Phillips isn’t badly injured.

Going into the post split battle with a midfield of Smith, Max, C Smith and Gallacher would be less than ideal.

You're missing Drey, Crawford and McPherson.....

34 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Ali Crawford coming onto score a late winner against County to seal our safety is the stuff dreams are made of.

Would offer A LOT more than favourite child Kucheriavyi 

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The thing is we shouldn't even be looking at County's results, fair play to them if they win some games. Saints just need to win their own games, unlikely I know, but it's in our own hands.

Yeah the manager/players should really just be picking a points tally (38 as a minimum IMO) and concentrating on that, as the split means things change weekly.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Squeaky arse time then?

So much so it seems we've attracted rats.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Squeaky arse time then?

Not really. We've known we're shite from the first minute of the pre-season. 

The fact we're not already relegated is a bonus for me.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Ali Crawford coming onto score a late winner against County to seal our safety is the stuff dreams are made of.

I was actually wondering yesterday whether he'd get bood or not if he came on. Probably wouldn't be bood for just coming on, but that first stray pass would get a few shouts.....

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I was actually wondering yesterday whether he'd get bood or not if he came on. Probably wouldn't be bood for just coming on, but that first stray pass would get a few shouts.....

Imagine a midfield 3 of Connor Smith, Max Kucheriavyi and Ali Crawford.

Anyone looked at post-split fixtures yet? 

We are "due" Aberdeen, County and Hibs at home and Livingston and Motherwell away. However, that would give us 20/18 split and County and Aberdeen have the opposite problem which unfortunately means one of those two fixtures might get reversed.