Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Clearly not good for McClelland and obviously hope he recovers fully but his lack of pace was a real concern to me. He was badly exposed at times on Monday night and I'd not seen anything to suggest he was going to be more equipped for making an impact than he was last season.

I like Neilson and Cameron on early evidence so either Sanders needs to step up or it's back into the market again.

Neilson is a unit and great on the ball unfortunately cant defend. Hopefully Craig, if he lasts that long, can teach him.

I think Parker is still off the level and should be loaned out. We could probably slot essel in, but until now what happens with the idiothead we’re likely sticking with Essel in Midfield. 

Essel, for me, I'd a better midfielder than he is a defender. I liked Parker when he came on at Alloa and given we were a CD light anyway, I'd be bringing in a more experienced one and keeping Parker.

Arguably the cup draw and bigger than average crowd on Monday creates a bit additional budget to bring someone in.

The better than expected Kirk possibly means that we don't need to recruit at the top end, even if Adama and May both leave, so you'd imagine Levein is starting to really see where the gaps are. 

Moving Essel to CB could work for a while, he's got some speed on him and he could benefit from having the game in front of him in terms of timing his tackles. I still think he could do well for us in midfield but until he's used to the league and what challenges he can and can't get away with he'll end up being a guaranteed booking for quite a while. 

Parker could do with a championship loan, he looked good against Alloa and getting consistent game time would help him more than being backup here.

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

• Absolutely insane that it made the courier, I still can't believe it did. I don't think it is helpful that it did, as it will only have drawn the attention of the sizeable Robinson / 'Free Speech' sympathizers which undoubtedly exist among our club, other Scottish supports, and further. That attention is toxic

Prescient

f**k. Off. Cammy. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

At least we know his searches his own name now.

But aye, MacPherson has f**ked us here and even once he's gone it'll still haunt us.

Agree on McClelland. Unsure how to word it as obviously it's shit his injury is that bad, but forcing us into signing a new first choice CB might be a blessing in disguise.

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Aw ffs. His goons are gonna show up 🤦‍♂️

Rumour has it the morons are going to have a "protest" in Paisley on Friday. Think they've got their Saints mixed up.

Just now, Hendo said:

Rumour has it the morons are going to have a "protest" in Paisley on Friday. Think they've got their Saints mixed up.

You got a fortune out of us for the f**k nugget who's caused the whole palava. To show appreciation you can have the right wing backlash