Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Nat King Goals said:

Whilst the idea of Tommy Wright returning, would IMO, be a great result, I think @tree house tam has confirmed previously that this will not happen.

On that basis, whilst I have championed Rhys McCabe in the past, and wouldn't be unhappy at that appointment, I reckon the standout appointment would be Peter Leven.

i know he turned down the Raith gig to stay at Aberdeen, but the togetherness, tactics, game management and results he achieved from a dire Aberdeen side in terms of confidence and bringing out the best in the players at his disposal, is for me, exactly what we need.

The very fact Thelin was desparate for Leven to stay at Aberdeen also speaks volumes.

i hope his name is on the list and at least make an effort to bring him in - it would show the fans that Webb is understanding what type of manager we need.

Only unfortunate thing is his surname being too close to the departed manager....

It wasn't that dire an Aberdeen team.

It just proved how bad Robson's tactics were.

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Hot take: I wouldn't have got rid of Levein yet. There have been plenty of dismal performances and red flags, but I think he had an eye for thinking outside the box regarding incoming players (which is a useful skill to have when you're being challenged with the finances at your disposal). Looking at the incomings and outgoings, it simply doesn't add up to me. If it's indeed the case that we're working on an almost non-existent budget at this point, our current issues surely lie a lot deeper than Craig Levein.

We still require an LB, a CB, and arguably a GK (although admittedly the latter is unlikely to happen). For all of his faults, I would have allowed him the opportunity to fill those gaps, give him a few weeks to implement his 'vision', and then punt him if it still wasn't working. I think that many fans were reactionary at the weekend based on recency bias. In reality, the first-half performance showed some marked signs of improvement with Holt and Sprangler there. I wouldn't necessarily trust any incoming manager to strengthen the squad as required.

Best post I've read since the weekend in terms of matching my feelings.

9 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It wasn't that dire an Aberdeen team.

It just proved how bad Robson's tactics were.

That was the point I tried to make  in my post re players' confidence being drained under Robson, yet Leven brought out the best in the players and brought about that successful recipe.

Out of interest @DukDukGoose do you think Peter Leven would be interested were Saints to sound him out or is he settled and in a good place, given Dons unbeaten start?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I think a lot of the brain dead Saints fans who email Adam Webb or who call for managers to get sacked all the time should write to Webb and stake a claim for the job.

Lets be honest, the daft American c**t doesn’t really know what he’s doing and will go with whoever shouts the loudest.  Yogi Hughes should get typing his email to him right now, this is surely his time.

Keeping Kirk on is bizarre. 

Ghosty shouts loudest 😥

1 hour ago, Nat King Goals said:

That was the point I tried to make  in my post re players' confidence being drained under Robson, yet Leven brought out the best in the players and brought about that successful recipe.

Out of interest @DukDukGoose do you think Peter Leven would be interested were Saints to sound him out or is he settled and in a good place, given Dons unbeaten start?

A big 'first' job for him to jump into, IMO.

Very well respected at the Dons. Unsure if there is a succession plan in place.

There’s every chance he brings back his Midas touch and Saints return to being a functioning football club, but given the state of the squad it’d likely end badly and somewhat spoil the good memories he gave us the first time around.

Is it worth the risk? No. 

Am I delusional enough to want it to happen? Yes.