Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

35 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Poor Adam Morgan. Anyone seen on twitter what’s happened to him in relation to the CL final?

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Just seen it there.

Lol.

I'll come across as a right cynical b*****d, but I reckon hes made that up to try and get himself a "sympathy ticket" off the club.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

The one problem with that level of cynicism is that it gives Ian Beale's pal far too much credit for his intelligence to come up with the plan.

A fair point, well made.

Scary thing is that Morgan isn't even the worst striker that TW has brought in. 

Without giving it excess thought, my ranking:

Tony Watt
Brian Graham
Graham Cummins
David McMillan
James McFadden
Denny Johnstone
Rory Fallon
John Sutton
Chris Iwelumo
Adam Morgan
Joe Gormley

The fact David McMillan ranks 4th (and I wouldn't argue too much about that) in a list of 11 sums it up quite well.

Callum Hendry probably should be on this list though, Radford. Make it happen.

I left Hendry off since he was really signed as a development player, O'Halloran and Kennedy too. They'd go in at one and two in that order. Hendry is harder because it's potential we are dealing with, otherwise you have to judge him on six starts in two years. Where would you put him? 

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

Scary thing is that Morgan isn't even the worst striker that TW has brought in. 

Without giving it excess thought, my ranking:

Tony Watt
Brian Graham
Graham Cummins
David McMillan
James McFadden
Denny Johnstone
Rory Fallon
John Sutton
Chris Iwelumo
Adam Morgan
Joe Gormley

I think Watts the best player on that list, but in terms of actual impact I think I'd go...

Brian Graham 

Graham Cummins

Tony Watt 

James McFadden

David McMillan

Denny Johnstone

John Sutton

Rory Fallon

Chris Iwelumo

Joe Gormley

Adam Morgan 

Cummins had a good start, and McFadden had his moments (against Ross County), think Johnstone got an important goal or two aswell?

Those below Iwelumo fall into the "better to do nothing that do something shite" category. I think Gormley showed something against Aberdeen, but looked lost, Morgan was just shite.

In terms of Hendry, hed go beside Johnstone just now, cant remember enough of Johnstone to decide between them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Speculation continues as to who our new kit manufacturer will be and one guy on the Saints banter page has said he’s heard it’s an “Italian sports uniform company.”

Both Macron and Kappa are Italian companies. I think it’s going to be Macron. Macron made some brilliant kits for Hibs and Motherwell so I’d be hopeful if it was them.

58 minutes ago, Radford said:

I left Hendry off since he was really signed as a development player, O'Halloran and Kennedy too. They'd go in at one and two in that order. Hendry is harder because it's potential we are dealing with, otherwise you have to judge him on six starts in two years. Where would you put him? 

Probably just below McFadden on the list, although Denny Johnstone would perhaps be justifiably upset at that.

I'd have O'Halloran and Kennedy down as wingers tbh although appreciate both have played up front for us a number of times.

It's a pretty harrowing list when you consider a striker is our number one priority this summer.

10 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Nothing wrong with the badge it was the very poor quality of the reproduction on the shirts that was the problem.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

It was one of those iron on efforts, made of felt or something. The clubs badge should always be embroidered on.

Ok thanks. I thought it was the actual badge that was being criticised.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

New trackies

rBVaSFvOB8WANRsZAAI7BkUUB6Y119.jpg.9638a1aef5b8932f5a39fe938e482f83.jpg

That's the blue we want. :thumsup2

If anything sums up Rangers the banter years it’s got to be both Denny Johnstone and Graham Cummins scoring against them at Ibrox. In the same game.

In fairness to Cummins I quite liked him. Denny Johnstone was an absolute abomination. That list is utterly depressing. Chris Kane would be ahead of all but Watt arguably.