Edinburgh City

39 minutes ago, azza said:

Well done Edinburgh City the rise has started emoji106.png

Nominations are now in for the Scottish League 2 Manager of the Month Award.

1. Gary Jardine

2. Gary Jardine

3. Gary Jardine

Three wins in a row and unbeaten in 5 matches.

If Stirling Albion and Montrose lose to Arbroath and Forfar respectively next week and Edinburgh City see off the Blue Brazil at home, then City will go 7th in the league. Surely Manager of the Month for Gary Jardine and his Black and White army behind the scenes?

Gary Jardine.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nominations are now in for the Scottish League 2 Manager of the Month Award.

1. Gary Jardine

2. Gary Jardine

3. Gary Jardine

Three wins in a row and unbeaten in 5 matches.

If Stirling Albion and Montrose lose to Arbroath and Forfar respectively next week and Edinburgh City see off the Blue Brazil at home, then City will go 7th in the league. Surely Manager of the Month for Gary Jardine and his Black and White army behind the scenes?

Gary Jardine.jpg

Probably between him & DC. Both would deserve it this month.

Solid win yesterday. Crazy how a couple of results can close the gap like that.

Montrose will be shaking in their boots the now

You were very lucky to get all 3 points.
Annan should have scored a couple in the second half.

Took this game in yesterday with a friend. I thought Edinburgh City were the better side for long spells but Annan Athletic probably had the best chances (how David McKenna managed to whack the ball off Andrew Stobbie from six yards is anyone's guess). It certainly wasn't the worst game of football I've ever been to and it had enough intrigue to keep the casual viewer interested. Marc Laird was probably the best player on the park and looked decent whenever he was on the ball, while Annan's #15, the wee right winger, always caused problems with his crossing.

It's a strange experience watching games in Meadowbank Stadium, not too unlike watching Queen's Park matches at Hampden but somehow different. The ground is a brutal, ugly structure and the running track around the ground made me feel as though I was in a building overlooking a football stadium rather than being in it itself (if you see what I mean). Still, a good view of the action and fair play to the big lads in the suits and ties doing their best to create an atmosphere. Shouts to the overexcited guy who looked like Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town too.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this final remark, but what's going on at Annan? How come they've failed to make any real progress since joining the SFL? They've got one of the best grounds in the lower leagues, a set-up that probably belongs one level up, but they're still kicking around in mid-table and occasionally flirting with the play-offs. I admire their loyalty to their managers - the club had had two since 2008 - but has Jim Chapman taken the club as far as he can?

We'll see off Arbroath with ease.

You were very lucky to get all 3 points.
Annan should have scored a couple in the second half.

Yeah but by that logic so should we in the first half (Allum) twice and in the second half (Allum and assorted others). Thought we were the better side but like most games this season it's been pretty tight and could have gone either way.

37 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Took this game in yesterday with a friend. I thought Edinburgh City were the better side for long spells but Annan Athletic probably had the best chances (how David McKenna managed to whack the ball off Andrew Stobbie from six yards is anyone's guess). It certainly wasn't the worst game of football I've ever been to and it had enough intrigue to keep the casual viewer interested. Marc Laird was probably the best player on the park and looked decent whenever he was on the ball, while Annan's #15, the wee right winger, always caused problems with his crossing.

It's a strange experience watching games in Meadowbank Stadium, not too unlike watching Queen's Park matches at Hampden but somehow different. The ground is a brutal, ugly structure and the running track around the ground made me feel as though I was in a building overlooking a football stadium rather than being in it itself (if you see what I mean). Still, a good view of the action and fair play to the big lads in the suits and ties doing their best to create an atmosphere. Shouts to the overexcited guy who looked like Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town too.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this final remark, but what's going on at Annan? How come they've failed to make any real progress since joining the SFL? They've got one of the best grounds in the lower leagues, a set-up that probably belongs one level up, but they're still kicking around in mid-table and occasionally flirting with the play-offs. I admire their loyalty to their managers - the club had had two since 2008 - but has Jim Chapman taken the club as far as he can?

Fair play to those lads for singing . We tried to get a blobby army chant going which we will persist with until everyone joins in. As for the game I think we deserved the win. Marc Laird has been a great signing for us. Joe Mbu rolled back the years apart from slicing the ball to Annans winger from the other side of the pitch with an attempted clearance. Stobbies two saves were heroic. The save from point blank range is save of the season so far for us. Only 5 points off mid table now. I really do reckon we'll end up there winning ugly like we have last 3 games. 256 was a poor crowd but then again hibs were home round the corner. City fans need to come out there shells. Yes we are all new to each other mostly but we need to be more vocal. If a chant is started then join in :)

1 minute ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Fair play to those lads for singing . We tried to get a blobby army chant going which we will persist with until everyone joins in. As for the game I think we deserved the win. Marc Laird has been a great signing for us. Joe Mbu rolled back the years apart from slicing the ball to Annans winger from the other side of the pitch with an attempted clearance. Stobbies two saves were heroic. The save from point blank range is save of the season so far for us. Only 5 points off mid table now. I really do reckon we'll end up there winning ugly like we have last 3 games. 256 was a poor crowd but then again hibs were home round the corner. City fans need to come out there shells. Yes we are all new to each other mostly but we need to be more vocal. If a chant is started then join in :)

I was thinking about Andrew Stobbie's point-blank save and I'd reckon it's more of a terrible miss than a good save - David McKenna could have scored by powering his header either side of the goalkeeper but instead the ball just hit off him. I don't think Stobbie knew a thing about it.

Still, you have to be in the right position at the right time, so credit to him. There was a scary moment in injury time when it looked as though he'd dropped a long-range chip over the line but he did well to bat it away.

I'll admit to knowing little about the Edinburgh time other than the lads that have played elsewhere in the lower leagues so imagine my disappointment when I saw Calum Antell was benched. He was one of the worst goalies around during his last spell in the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Still, a good view of the action and fair play to the big lads in the suits and ties doing their best to create an atmosphere. Shouts to the overexcited guy who looked like Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town too.

Crowd reaction to Ryan Porteous goal for City.

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Crowd reaction to Ryan Porteous goal for City.

Fantastic, I can see myself in the video there!

I take it you were the boy interviewing people at half time? Credit to you, keep up the good work. Don't think there's many (any?) supporters in the lower leagues who produce this kind of material.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Some 10 days for City - from months of toiling, often close but no cigar, to reaching Scottish Cup R3 then closing gap at the bottom to 2pts. Indeed, now stand only 5pts from top half.

They were just giving everyone a head start - like they always used to give Spartans at the start of every season in the Lowlands :P

20 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Fair play to those lads for singing . We tried to get a blobby army chant going which we will persist with until everyone joins in. :)

Mr Blobby suffered a severe injury on the way to the stand yesterday. Despite immediate first aid and by his carer Jackie, he sadly deflated beyond repair. His understudy, also going by the name of Mr Blobby, will take his place next week to hopefully lead his Blobby Army cheering his team on to another stunning victory.

Mr Blobby - Sunshine on Meadowbank 2.jpg