Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My blood runs cold
My memory has just been sold
Mr Blobby is the centrefold
Blobby is the centrefold!

Speaking of Centrefolds, scarily while reviewing The Thitsle for this Saturday's Edinburgh City Fanzine on Pages 2 & 11, I have come across a real gem. The author didn't immediately jump out at me because his name blended in with the background at the bottom of the page.... but it looks as though the 'Davie's On the Road Again' writer is going to get a double shout out this week. (I fear another Meadowbank coup is brewing)

Play Acting by Gordon Davie. The Thistle Year 7 Isssue 2 Winter 1992.jpg

I'd completely forgotten about that!

Of course it was written long before Sky One came up with Dream Team, or that godawful film with Ally McCoist, or you can be sure I'd have had something to say about those!

Edited by GordonD

Going to catch Edinburgh City v Cowden (Scotland's form teams) on Saturday. Last time I saw Edinburgh City it was about mid-late 90s in a Scottish Cup game at East End Park. Seem to remember Andy Smith scoring most of our 7 very scrappy goals and City claiming we were nothing special and that you were robbed. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Going to catch Edinburgh City v Cowden (Scotland's form teams) on Saturday. Last time I saw Edinburgh City it was about mid-late 90s in a Scottish Cup game at East End Park. Seem to remember Andy Smith scoring most of our 7 very scrappy goals and City claiming we were nothing special and that you were robbed. 

I was at that.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Seem to remember Andy Smith scoring most of our 7 very scrappy goals and City claiming we were nothing special and that you were robbed. 

Aye, "You're nothing special, we lose every week". That was our chant up until the 5 game unbeaten run.

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

we were! Tam "the original Bam" Nolan hit a ball off Sammy the Tammy's arse during the warm up :lol:

A feature on City players Tam Nolan and Robert Foggo appeared in "The Sun" under the headline "We're going to drink and sh*g our way to the top".... this led to Foggo getting the nickname "Golden Groin" amongst certain fans...
A player from the original City, Jack Turnbull, was tracked down and attended the match. He was 93 but Big Dave who talked to him remembered "he could take a right drink".. :cheers

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

we were! Tam "the original Bam" Nolan hit a ball off Sammy the Tammy's arse during the warm up :lol:

A feature on City players Tam Nolan and Robert Foggo appeared in "The Sun" under the headline "We're going to drink and sh*g our way to the top".... this led to Foggo getting the nickname "Golden Groin" amongst certain fans...
A player from the original City, Jack Turnbull, was tracked down and attended the match. He was 93 but Big Dave who talked to him remembered "he could take a right drink".. :cheers

Tam Nolan what a blast from the past we bought him off you lot then sold him back.

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

City Fanzine for Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath. Pages 10 & 3.  David Stoker reporting on Edinburgh City's Scottish Cup third round opponents East Fife in their 2-2 draw with Alloa at Bayview Stadium..

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 10 and 3 Year One Issue  Ten Resized for Pie and Bovril.jpg

Pretty good, but was a bit disappointed when skipping to p3 to check Emma from Yorkshire. 

Last (only) time at the stadium for me was to see Pars chuck a two goal lead and Jocky Scott (Pars manager) flicking V signs at the Pars support. 

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty good, but was a bit disappointed when skipping to p3 to check Emma from Yorkshire. 

Last (only) time at the stadium for me was to see Pars chuck a two goal lead and Jocky Scott (Pars manager) flicking V signs at the Pars support. 

jocky.jpg

:P

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

jocky.jpg

:P

Jocky "Jocky Jocky GTF" Scott never hit it off with Pars fans. I don't mind a manager abusing his own fans though. I think Cowden boss Tam Stevens took things further and left the dugout once to go and hunt down a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Jocky "Jocky Jocky GTF" Scott never hit it off with Pars fans. I don't mind a manager abusing his own fans though. I think Cowden boss Tam Stevens took things further and left the dugout once to go and hunt down a fan. 

tbf to Tam the fan probably owed him money! :lol:

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

HaHa, Yes, even The Scottish Sun has done away with its tits.... on Page 3 unfortunately.

(Mind you it's a family Fanzine. No smut has slipped through so far as I know although there may be an innuendo on Page 9 coming up in the Highland League report.

City Fanzine for Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath at Meadowbank. The Centrefold. 

Spoiler

Girls not included! Can't see the number on the shorts of the Blue Brazil player in action between City stalwarts John Dunn and Christopher McKee. Name Anyone?

Edited by Mr Blobby
Correction to 'beath results

City Fanzine for Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath at Meadowbank. The Editorial and some things about the Highland League.:lol:

Edited by Mr Blobby
Added news of Whitehill Welfare manager Steven Hislop quiting today. And news of Montrose sacking manager Paul Hegarty