Edinburgh City

6 hours ago, PELE said:

Any chance of the game being off with a frozen pitch?

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

City have confirmed on their twitter that the pitch is fine.

Meadowbank is remarkably robust. Last season it only suffered 2 postponements and the season before that only 1. At least one of those might have been for snow not freezing, too.

Thought City were unlucky not to win today as they created plenty of chances but came up against a Cowdenbeath keeper in excellent form. His save from See's header was top drawer. Second time I have seen City and again it was a very enjoyable game. Highly recommend heading along if your looking for a game in Edinburgh. 

30 minutes ago, Jute said:

Thought City were unlucky not to win today as they created plenty of chances but came up against a Cowdenbeath keeper in excellent form. His save from See's header was top drawer. Second time I have seen City and again it was a very enjoyable game. Highly recommend heading along if your looking for a game in Edinburgh. 

Mcgurn is a very good shot stopper.

Aye that was a stunning save. We really need to be more clinical though

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Second time for me too. It was a good game to watch. City created the better chances and maybe deserved to win. I noticed Craig Levein at the game too. 

Good to see City keep their unbeaten run going. What's that now? - six games without a defeat in League and Cup. Was hoping for a win today which would have given Gary Jardine the Ladbrokes League Two Manager of the Month Award. But in saying that, the only other contender is Arbroath boss Dick Campbell who's team failed to see off the Binos. With Montrose and Stirling Albion both holding Forfar and Arbroath to score draws, I think Ladbrokes should still give the Award to Gary. 

31 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Second time for me too. It was a good game to watch. City created the better chances and maybe deserved to win. I noticed Craig Levein at the game too. 

He's at several Cowdenbeath games due to a link we now have with Hearts.  Our manager is ' on loan ' from them along with 2 of our players.

Edited by big al

3 hours ago, Jute said:

I thought the header was going in even with the save. Relieved to see it didn't. McGurn definitely man of the match.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good to see City keep their unbeaten run going. What's that now? - six games without a defeat in League and Cup. Was hoping for a win today which would have given Gary Jardine the Ladbrokes League Two Manager of the Month Award. But in saying that, the only other contender is Arbroath boss Dick Campbell who's team failed to see off the Binos. With Montrose and Stirling Albion both holding Forfar and Arbroath to score draws, I think Ladbrokes should still give the Award to Gary. 

Beware of the Manager of the Month award. Usually results in poor form afterwards.

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Never seen you there Jute.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I was sitting just in front of you at the press desk but never got a chance to say hello. Good to see the "new" Mr Blobby at the game!

As Pele says winning manager of the month awards is a dangerous thing!

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

Ah right must have walked passed you. Might be making next City game at Central Park so will catch up with you then.

Aye no problem 14th January it will be as warm at Central Park as it was at Meadowbank today:lol: If City happen to draw with East Fife in the cup next week I would imagine we would end up at the replay.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I thought the header was going in even with the save. Relieved to see it didn't. McGurn definitely man of the match.

Ousman See almost snatched it at the end for City - TWICE!. You could hear a pin drop at Meadowbank in the dying seconds but funnily enough, we didn't hear the Easter Road Roar today, even although the Hibbees scored 4 goals across the pond. (The wind must have been blowing in the wrong direction or else I had upducky in my ears)