Edinburgh City

Just in case anyone isn't on Twitter there's an open meeting tonight at the The Westsider https://maps.app.goo.gl/kseqw7kYfz85Bk2k8 (not my venue choice before anyone starts) at 1730 for 1800 where members of the new consortium will be discussing all aspects of the club and taking trying to answer as many questions as possible.

Obviously all with a fondness for the club are welcome and be great to get everyone's input.

19 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Just in case anyone isn't on Twitter there's an open meeting tonight at the The Westsider https://maps.app.goo.gl/kseqw7kYfz85Bk2k8 (not my venue choice before anyone starts) at 1730 for 1800 where members of the new consortium will be discussing all aspects of the club and taking trying to answer as many questions as possible.

Obviously all with a fondness for the club are welcome and be great to get everyone's input.

Positive meeting last night - bottom line for me is that we have people at the top of the club who will do their absolute best for the club while being realistic about the limitations of a club like ours. The previous regime certainly did their best but not sure it was always grounded in reality (best part-time team in the country, aim to go full time etc).

No official updates on the name etc. but everyone wants the same thing to happen, who knows whether it's possible in time for the new season - including new kit etc. 

I'm confident we'll see a markedly different club next season and one that the local community will be more likely to get behind, should also be a bit better for visiting fans as well, within the limitations of Meadowbank. 

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Has Tom Tracy completely severed ties and withdrawn his financial backing or just taking a step into the background?

If it’s the former, there must be a massive financial gap between income and outgoings going forward.

It's the former! A total severance. Don't have the details of the budget but I know there are other revenue streams that can be tapped (club was far too reliant on Tom's cash) to help increase the income side of the balance sheet. 

We'll get a clearer picture when we see the squad for the start of the season I guess.

On 26/05/2023 at 09:47, AllyMonc said:

Positive meeting last night - bottom line for me is that we have people at the top of the club who will do their absolute best for the club while being realistic about the limitations of a club like ours.

I'd be interested to find out what experience (if any) the new board have had in running a football club, sourcing players, negotiating contracts and appointing managers. 

And also if the loose loan agreement with Hibs is going to be maintained or not. 

On 27/05/2023 at 20:03, RubyTuesday said:

I'd be interested to find out what experience (if any) the new board have had in running a football club, sourcing players, negotiating contracts and appointing managers. 

And also if the loose loan agreement with Hibs is going to be maintained or not. 

They do actually. A lot of experience.  

Best thing to do is to turn up to the next meeting (whenever one is arranged) to ask any questions regarding that. 

Put It this way, as a fan, this is the best deal we could have gone for. The two who are leading a fan based consortium are well thought of by those who go regularly and have been around the club since 2018 so they are very familiar with the workings of the club and familiar to the small band of core supporters. 

If everything goes to plan there is a lot of positives and change for the better. 

17 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

They do actually. A lot of experience.  

Best thing to do is to turn up to the next meeting (whenever one is arranged) to ask any questions regarding that. 

Put It this way, as a fan, this is the best deal we could have gone for. The two who are leading a fan based consortium are well thought of by those who go regularly and have been around the club since 2018 so they are very familiar with the workings of the club and familiar to the small band of core supporters. 

If everything goes to plan there is a lot of positives and change for the better. 

On 27/05/2023 at 20:03, RubyTuesday said:

Totally agree with GCBC here - absolutely do not want anyone to be under the impression that the fan input is a 'closed shop' with a handful of people speaking on behalf of the fanbase. Get along to the next meeting and get involved - valid questions and I'm sure the new board will be happy to answer them.

Either way really hope to see you next season!

5 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Totally agree with GCBC here - absolutely do not want anyone to be under the impression that the fan input is a 'closed shop' with a handful of people speaking on behalf of the fanbase. Get along to the next meeting and get involved - valid questions and I'm sure the new board will be happy to answer them.

Either way really hope to see you next season!

Thanks - I am a casual fan and saw around 10 games last season home and away. 

20 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Were you on my bus to Queen of the South during last season? 

Seeing as our away support was as minimal as minimal can get in 22/23 im trying to put your pie and bovril name to a face haha. 

Anyway hope ya can get to more games next season and hopefully we all get some positive news regarding the club in due course. 

21 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Further to my last post. Doesn't matter if you are a casual fan or a die hard, your input and engagement when it comes to club matters would be more than welcome. The new regime want more voices and more supporters asking questions and contributing to making things the best they can be for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

John Robertson signs for Linfield.

53 minutes ago, WHM said:

Was hoping Robbo would sign for Arbroath 😞

Interesting to see how he gets on, he's absolutely brilliant when he wants to be. Can't say I'm all that up to speed with the NI Leagues but possibly Championship standard? Which I'm sure he'll manage.

I though maybe one of the hybrid/lower end full-time teams in Scotland might have taken him but fair play trying something a wee bit different.

Would have this down as his best performance for us and one of the best lower league striking displays I've ever seen (goals at 2:19 and 3:20) - 

I know lots of people are asking about changing the name back - pretty clear from this that we're all very much in favour!

The name change thing has actually been even worse than I thought it was going to be, would be a huge win for the new ownership to get that fixed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/fc-edinburgh-name-change-gets-fan-backing-after-club-changes-hands-4166668

I too hope the name gets changed back to Edinburgh city, although it never really bothered me that much what the team name was.

For me a FAR bigger problem was moving back to Meadowbank, with the state of that place for spectators!

Actually was back at Ainslie Park for the first time in over a year, last month for the Albion rovers play-off game. I'd forgotten how much better it was at AP than Meadowbank is.

I know it's Edinburgh Council's fault for building Meadowbank,  in it's current state and our club can take No blame for that.

However I'm not sure what we can do to make it any better! And it NEEDS, to be made better or the club will never grow it's fanbase.

15 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I too hope the name gets changed back to Edinburgh city, although it never really bothered me that much what the team name was.

For me a FAR bigger problem was moving back to Meadowbank, with the state of that place for spectators!

Actually was back at Ainslie Park for the first time in over a year, last month for the Albion rovers play-off game. I'd forgotten how much better it was at AP than Meadowbank is.

I know it's Edinburgh Council's fault for building Meadowbank,  in it's current state and our club can take No blame for that.

However I'm not sure what we can do to make it any better! And it NEEDS, to be made better or the club will never grow it's fanbase.

Aye totally agree. No magic fix obviously but I know the new ownership are looking to work more closely with Edinburgh Leisure to try and improve the experience in the short term. Always seemed to me that the previous board and Edinburgh Leisure were at loggerheads - a softening of that relationship would at least give us a chance.

I didn't like Ainslie Park (location mainly) but looks a bit better now they've got the extra stand. 

16 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

However I'm not sure what we can do to make it any better! And it NEEDS, to be made better or the club will never grow its fanbase.

How the f**k can you blame the council? It’s up to each and every club to have a ground to play on. 

QP, Clyde etc disgrace?