Edinburgh City

See weve signed a deal with local brewery The Bellfield to be official hospitality partners.

Glad we are thinking outside the box and doing this for the upcoming season and supporting a local business in the community. Something a bit different where people will get to sample the Taproom and the brewery on a matchday and get food from one the guest kitchens. 

2 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

See weve signed a deal with local brewery The Bellfield to be official hospitality partners.

Oh that's interesting. I have occasionally ordered their Mixed Ales & IPA packs that they do and they are nice beers. Could be interested in this when we meet 

55 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The name change has to go down as one of the most bizarre, pointless, and shite decions in Scottish football of recent times.

Second most bizarre after Rossvale trying to change to Caledonian Thistle.

On 16/06/2023 at 17:45, Gordon EF said:

The name change has to go down as one of the most bizarre, pointless, and shite decions in Scottish football of recent times.

It was the lies about the issue with "owning our own name" to cover up the fact it was the owners decision to re-brand and there was ZERO legal challenge over the original name from anyone. 

The decision very nearly killed the club completely until the fan led consortium stepped in at the final second. I don't think anyone realises that had this not happened a couple weeks back, then there would have been no club at all. 

On 16/06/2023 at 14:35, BB_Bino said:

Oh that's interesting. I have occasionally ordered their Mixed Ales & IPA packs that they do and they are nice beers. Could be interested in this when we meet 

The taproom is excellent and I'm sure you and any other away fan wanting to sample it for a casual drink or do the pre match hospitality before a short walk to the ground would be made most welcome

1 hour ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

It was the lies about the issue with "owning our own name" to cover up the fact it was the owners decision to re-brand and there was ZERO legal challenge over the original name from anyone. 

The decision very nearly killed the club completely until the fan led consortium stepped in at the final second. I don't think anyone realises that had this not happened a couple weeks back, then there would have been no club at all. 

So are you officially changing back?

10 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

By all accounts a certain club tried to pull an Airdrie United (and not for the first time).

On 18/06/2023 at 13:47, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

According to the Chairman last summer, the decision to change the name was meant to be based on some form of legal advice that there was a risk with keeping the old name.  Interesting that one of the first things the new Board did was to decide that this was bullshit.

1 hour ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Season Tickets are out 

£155 for an adult 

City Forever Foundation members get a discount . 

You can sign up to a membership option on fanbase then the discount is taken off for you at checkout when purchasing a session ticket. 

Incredible pricing and so affordable 

That seems crazily cheap, I don’t know how the hell you guys are getting funded this season, but it won’t be via season ticket money. 😬

22 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

How about:

I can't believe it's not Edinburgh City?

6 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Good news.  I hope the new directors are sleeping well, and not worrying about the terrifying threat of legal action from the Social Club.

14 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Good news.  I hope the new directors are sleeping well, and not worrying about the terrifying threat of legal action from the Social Club.

I went along to the Social Club AGM a couple of weeks ago. As a long standing (28 years) member of the Social Club I asked a question regarding the name thing 

The Social Club received a legal letter from the Directors of the Football Club asking them to hand over the rights to the name to the football club. This was despite the fact that the Social Club (originally set up by the original football club who stopped in 1955) has been using the name continuously for 93 years now. As I said I am a longstanding member of the SC and tended to take their side in regard to the name dispute.

Having received a not very nice legal letter the Social Club directors said they did try and contact the Football Club directors but received no reply. 

The Social Club directors did say they'd looked into the possibility of registering the name Edinburgh City but Edinburgh Gin objected -there is an Edinburgh City Gin it seems. Also I believe Edinburgh City Cabs and other suchlike named entities exist so that was probably a non-starter.

A former Football Club chairman and longstanding Social Club member did urge the SC directors to try to recontact the football club's new board to try and mend relations and they said they would try to reconnect with the football club.

The SC is there to be used. It's open to anyone to join and for many years football club supporters were either on the committee or took part in teams such as the pool team. It would be nice to see a reconnection.