Edinburgh City

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ryan Shanley lads? 

Former Hibee. Works hard and has a bit of skill. Has had injury problems. Doesn't score as much as perhaps he should. Fans' favourite. Will have landed nicely on his feet if he's going to Falkirk so fair play to the lad. 

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Former Hibee. Works hard and has a bit of skill. Has had injury problems. Doesn't score as much as perhaps he should. Fans' favourite. Will have landed nicely on his feet if he's going to Falkirk so fair play to the lad. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Yep, Shanley is a decent signing for Falkirk. Definitely capable of playing at a higher level but has been inconsistent albeit in a poor team these last 11 months. It'll be interesting to see if he can hold down a starting position.

Not looking forward to seeing him in the opposition line up at the Stadio del Meadowbanko on January 13th....

Shanley is absolutely brilliant and if McGlynn can get him to screw the nut then Falkirk have got an absolute diamond.

One of my favourite City players in recent years and wish him all the best - definitely got a chance of making a career in full-time football (if he screws the nut which is far from guaranteed).

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Looks no dispensation being given to allow these guys to play for spfl clubs before January.

Is there anyone who has played for 2 clubs already this season?

The 1st of January is 2 weeks away, it would take that shambles as long to sort out a dispensation that there’s no point.

50 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

The 1st of January is 2 weeks away, it would take that shambles as long to sort out a dispensation that there’s no point.

They did it within about 24 hours when we went into admin, tho tbf that was with the march 31st absolute no signings of any sort deadline looming.

3 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Yep, Shanley is a decent signing for Falkirk. Definitely capable of playing at a higher level but has been inconsistent albeit in a poor team these last 11 months. It'll be interesting to see if he can hold down a starting position.

Not looking forward to seeing him in the opposition line up at the Stadio del Meadowbanko on January 13th....

Can't imagine him displacing McIver tbh. Might come off the bench if he's settled and fitness is ok by then. 

I live a stone's throw from Meadowbank. 

Did you make any money from that shady pub off Sleigh drive on matchdays? 

Driving past a few times I saw EC signs outside.

Relegation to League 2 would be beat for all concerned. Trying to maintain a wage bill like Edinburgh have on those crowds with that setup is insanity. 

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I live a stone's throw from Meadowbank. 

Did you make any money from that shady pub off Sleigh drive on matchdays? 

Driving past a few times I saw EC signs outside.

That’s the social club of the original football club from the 1920’s and 30’s. They gave the current club permission to become Edinburgh City but there’s no further connection than that.

On 15/12/2023 at 23:14, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Maybe it's the fact Hartley is generally a grim reaper when it comes to young players and their career or possibly it's a business decision by AFC to try and avoid helping us be successful and attract the casual fan / fickle Dons who still think they are in the 80's!  

Hartley was hated by the staff and volunteers at Falkirk - he was arrogant and unfriendly to most and his decimation of our club meant the support now hates him too more than any other manager. I always wonder why he signs so many players and churns them - it might be he falls out with them but my suspicion is more along the lines of dodginess. Oh how I wish I could prove the latter - no agent or player is going to spill the beans though.

19 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I think he is cover for Ross McIver who is utilised playing up front alone. We signed (paid money for) Jordan Allan but he can't play in McGlynn's one up front system due to size so we've wasted his skills. Most supporters expect him to go on loan somewhere (a shame but he deserves better than 10 minutes at the end of every game). So Shanley was swooped up to give us another strong front man. In a better team than Edinburgh I suspect he will shine.

I wish Edinburgh FC well - it's clearly hard times but get to f**k out of Meadowbank, moving there was a huge mistake. 

12 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Callum Crane has signed for us at Stirling. Any good?

Hope Edinburgh survive this as a club and get back on their feet. 

Can play LB/RB or up either wing.  Plays with loads of passion, you’ll love him.  Absolute legend of a player.