Edinburgh City

Thank f**k that's that finished then!

The season from hell.

Worst 6 months of my football supporting life!

So a quick holiday and then we can finally have a fresh start in July/August.

We can get back to looking forward to the football again.

What's our prospects for next season then lads?

Play-offs possibly?

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

What's our prospects for next season then lads?

Play-offs possibly?

Oh, be optimistic. Maybe you'll be second bottom.

42 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Oh, be optimistic. Maybe you'll be second bottom.

I've already said playoffs, so I've no idea wtf you're talking about?

On 04/05/2024 at 22:47, tamthebam said:

Thanks to a small and dedicated bunch of fans, the players stepping up from the Under 20s, a management team that never gave up and turning out each week despite defeat and the lassies selling lovely home baking (we nicked that idea from Edinburgh Uni!) we made it to the end of the season which was possibly unlikely looking at one point. Phew. 

I've heard folk saying we'll finish bottom of the League next season and I just smile and shake my head. Of course come 3.05 pm in the first competitive game and we're 1-0 down it'll be back to shouting "fuxakecity!!" but, hey, at least we're not Whitehill Welfare...

It’s way too early to be chucking out predictions. I’d have had Peterhead in a basement battle this season after last years horror show but after their summer business it became quite obvious to me they weren’t likely to be worrying about it. They still did better than I thought they would!

18 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I've already said playoffs, so I've no idea wtf you're talking about?

It was a joke... I was pretending to think you meant the relegation playoff

23 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Thank f**k that's that finished then!

The season from hell.

Worst 6 months of my football supporting life!

I've watched 2 games this calendar year and still need a bit more time before I venture out from behind the sofa....

Daft laddie question - is there any remote possibility of playing anywhere next season apart from Meadowbank?

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Daft laddie question - is there any remote possibility of playing anywhere next season apart from Meadowbank?

Sorry Ruby, but I've no idea about that.

This is where you'd need the chairman or one of supporters club guys that would know about that.

I'd doubt it as its a bit tight until the League Cup games start in mid July. 

Everyone knows we NEED to move sometime soon though!

I'm looking forward to seeing the first team starting line up of next season to see what it looks like, and whether we'll have a full bench for a change!

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

One for the Terrible Journalism thread.  It's already well known that there are a few existing teams without a bronze licence and that they have a grace period to comply.  The article doesn't contain any information about where City may be struggling to comply and there is no quote from City or a statement that they declined to comment.  I need to give myself a slap for falling into their clickbait trap............. 

3 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

One for the Terrible Journalism thread.  It's already well known that there are a few existing teams without a bronze licence and that they have a grace period to comply.  The article doesn't contain any information about where City may be struggling to comply and there is no quote from City or a statement that they declined to comment.  I need to give myself a slap for falling into their clickbait trap............. 

The grace period ends on 1st July, and in theory at least all SPFL clubs at that point must have a Bronze licence. That's mentioned in the article.  It's probably not too much of a stretch to imagine EC failing to meet the more stringent financial requirements of Bronze.  However you're right, it's the tabloids where facts are thin on the ground.

6 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Story has been copied from the Daily Mail. I think that says it all.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Story has been copied from the Daily Mail. I think that says it all.

The journalist Stephen McGowan at the Daily Mail has about the best SFA sources of any current Scottish journalist.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The journalist Stephen McGowan at the Daily Mail has about the best SFA sources of any current Scottish journalist.

Did he write it? I can't find it in the Mail, only in the Sun and Record who say they pinched the story from them, and zero details on where they fall short. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Did he write it? I can't find it in the Mail, only in the Sun and Record who say they pinched the story from them, and zero details on where they fall short. 

No idea, was just pointing out that saying something came from the Daily Mail doesn't mean it's nonsense, in fact for this type of story it probably makes it more likely to be true.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No idea, was just pointing out that saying something came from the Daily Mail doesn't mean it's nonsense, in fact for this type of story it probably makes it more likely to be true.

Fair point.  It may well be true that City are in real trouble, there just isn't any evidence for that in the Record article.  I draw the line at giving the Daily Heil clicks so won't look there.  A real risk for City is that they appear to have failed to follow the correct procedures when they got into trouble so they are on the naughty step already.

Interesting that none of the Edinburgh news outlets are covering the story, including Edinburgh Live who share owners with the Record, like Lanarkshire Live.

Was hoping I wouldn't have to do this again.....

A few of us have asked the club to make a statement in regards to this as the speculation isn't helping anyone. 

As far as I've been told we've been in discussion with the SPFL in regards to this and those discussions have been positive - the reason we don't have Bronze is apparently not linked to either of the areas speculated on (financial fair play or stadium) but something simpler and easier to get a pass on. 

I am worried but not as worried as I have been at various points over the last 12 months.

On 30/05/2016 at 23:54, the philosopher said:

I would just like to welcome EC fc to the forum.

Lookin forward to a day in the Capital.

Feel free to enjoy the banter.

The banter never seems to end.........

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

the reason we don't have Bronze is apparently not linked to either of the areas speculated on (financial fair play or stadium) but something simpler and easier to get a pass on. 

The reason you don't have Bronze isn't because all three licensing areas are Entry in the latest list? How does that work? 

16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The reason you don't have Bronze isn't because all three licensing areas are Entry in the latest list? How does that work? 

Sorry - have been given Bronze or a waiver for the upcoming season. Assume the status would only update once the process is complete - i.e. it's not a rolling thing