Edinburgh City

I'm not so knowledgeable on these matters, but can't quite understand why this has suddenly become a big issue?

We've been playing at Meadowbank for two seasons and no one had said a word about the seats until now.

As for this "entry level" chat. I see former league clubs Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath are all on "entry level" as well and they all played in the leagues for years.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I'm not so knowledgeable on these matters, but can't quite understand why this has suddenly become a big issue?

We've been playing at Meadowbank for two seasons and no one had said a word about the seats until now.

As for this "entry level" chat. I see former league clubs Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath are all on "entry level" as well and they all played in the leagues for years.

Because the requirement for SPFL member clubs to have a Bronze licence is new for next season. Up to this season its been possible to be a Premiership club with an Entry licence as long as you had a Bronze stadium.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Hopefully your board are a bit more clued up than this.

My hunch is Edinburgh will lose their league status very shortly due to not meeting the criteria. A pointless club who really got to League One spending beyond their means they wouldn't be missed.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

My hunch is Edinburgh will lose their league status very shortly due to not meeting the criteria. A pointless club who really got to League One spending beyond their means they wouldn't be missed.

Thanks for your best wishes man! 👍 

Good luck to you too! 

58 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Looks like City and Kelty have been give a150524-club-licensing-awards.pdfnother month to sort things out going by release on sfa website of licensed clubs. Kelty in better position City still struggling on lots of areas. 

Thanks for sharing - I actually think that the specific criteria won't be updated until the overall award is made, i.e. if we've been able to get the Stadium up to Bronze but need the other month to sort the Legal/Admin/Finance element then they'll update everything at once rather than doing 1 element at a time.

That's not based on much other than the voices in my head.

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Looks like City and Kelty have been give a150524-club-licensing-awards.pdfnother month to sort things out going by release on sfa website of licensed clubs. Kelty in better position City still struggling on lots of areas. 

Interesting.

Can't work out why University of Stirling have Entry for ground when they play at Forthbank and we have it listed as Bronze.

3 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Interesting.

Can't work out why University of Stirling have Entry for ground when they play at Forthbank and we have it listed as Bronze.

There are some aspects of the ground criteria that are dependent on staffing the Uni might not provide or access they might not have to the ground as part of their rental agreement.

Many will also not bother going for Bronze in some categories if know they'll remain Entry overall... note how from 80 pyramid clubs just 3 have a Bronze in some categories, and only 2 outside HL include 'Youth'.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Thanks for sharing - I actually think that the specific criteria won't be updated until the overall award is made, i.e. if we've been able to get the Stadium up to Bronze but need the other month to sort the Legal/Admin/Finance element then they'll update everything at once rather than doing 1 element at a time.

That's not based on much other than the voices in my head.

The Licence postion is updated after every meeting.  Therefore if there's a change in only one category, it will be noted, or should be.

Are EC not updating their fans on the current position? 

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Licence postion is updated after every meeting.  Therefore if there's a change in only one category, it will be noted, or should be.

Are EC not updating their fans on the current position? 

The plans are on public display in a cellar with no stair light in a locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet with a sign saying "Beware of the Leopard" on the door

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully your board are a bit more clued up than this.

They win one title after 140 years of pointlessness and they're suddenly BOLD. Even the bloody Shire won a title before you lot. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

The plans are on public display in a cellar with no stair light in a locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet with a sign saying "Beware of the Leopard" on the door

You're not afraid of leopards are you Tam, surely not.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

The irony of course is that your charlatan of a Chairman has been trying to close the door to the Pyramid for years as he's shit scared his club would be next for the drop.  He half succeeded with the Bronze licence.

42 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Many will also not bother going for Bronze in some categories if know they'll remain Entry overall... note how from 80 pyramid clubs just 3 have a Bronze in some categories, and only 2 outside HL include 'Youth'.

Cowdenbeath fans have stated elsewhere that the only reason for them losing their Bronze status was to save the cost of having a club doctor. If/when it looks like they will be going back up they argued that it would be relatively straightforward to reinstate the medical provision.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Cowdenbeath fans have stated elsewhere that the only reason for them losing their Bronze status was to save the cost of having a club doctor. If/when it looks like they will be going back up they argued that it would be relatively straightforward to reinstate the medical provision.

Correct.

Won't be coincidental 2 of 3 clubs with Bronze in some but not all areas are Brechin + Cowdenbeath (other is Linlithgow); ditto that 1 of 2 outside HL bothering with 'Youth' is Fort William (other is Tynecastle).

59 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The irony of course is that your charlatan of a Chairman has been trying to close the door to the Pyramid for years as he's shit scared his club would be next for the drop.  He half succeeded with the Bronze licence.

Yes, the very man who promised that Highland and Lowland league champions would get a year to upgrade to bronze if they won promotion.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Old jokes revisited: 

Dr Doolittle is the Cowdenbeath team doctor because he can talk to the animals...

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because the requirement for SPFL member clubs to have a Bronze licence is new for next season. Up to this season its been possible to be a Premiership club with an Entry licence as long as you had a Bronze stadium.

So the requirements for League Two next season are more onerous than the requirements for the Premiership this season.  That does seem odd.  I can certainly see the argument for tightening things up at a higher level - I was surprised to hear that Meadowbank would have been treated as suitable for the Championship before the change.  It would be interesting to know the rationale for requiring a Bronze licence for Leagues One and Two, particularly when many clubs will be struggling with the impact of the cost of living crisis.

Unless there was a clear rationale there is a bit of a whiff of pulling up the drawbridge, with City (and possibly Kelty) being collateral damage.