Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

With the fixtures now out and City included presume some agreement has been reached to include you in the league?

I think we are more likely to get news about WFT is happening at Edinburgh City from North Korea rather than the actual club itself. 

All we have is a fixture list which implies that there are 11 humans prepared to put on the kit and kick a ball about when the time comes. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Their rules allow clubs to apply for a grace period, which Edinburgh City may well have done. We all know that Buckie didn't.

City's grace period was automatically extended to July 1st along with the other tardy SPFL clubs. As you say, Buckie somehow 'forgot' to put their application in by the March deadline for ambitious tier 5 clubs. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I know one new player who has definitely signed, but nothing announced by EC, they don’t seem to do communication with fans, he was playing in a bounce game at Broxburn last night against Gala.  I am sure they must have signed a bunch more, just not announced anything.

Was at the game last night. Some players had names on shirts so I assume signed. Connor Young looked sharp up front but very much a preseason friendly.

12 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

Connor Young looked sharp up front but very much a preseason friendly.

Assuming this is the same Connor Young that played with Clyde last season, I'd imagine that'll turn out to be a very decent signing for you. He barely played for us after Jordan Allan returned but looked like a right hard worker pre-January. Unfortunately he was playing in one of the worst football teams in history at that point.

He was however clearly a big upgrade on Olly McDonald.

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Assuming this is the same Connor Young that played with Clyde last season, I'd imagine that'll turn out to be a very decent signing for you. He barely played for us after Jordan Allan returned but looked like a right hard worker pre-January. Unfortunately he was playing in one of the worst football teams in history at that point.

He was however clearly a big upgrade on Olly McDonald.

He is one and the same.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

a) It isn't the 1st July yet.
b) Clubs could apply for another, there is always provision for a grace period within the rules.

a) There are no further licence meetings until September, so it's immaterial

b) They have had their grace period.

Just now, Burnieman said:

a) There are no further licence meetings until September, so it's immaterial

b) They have had their grace period.

They can apply for another. The period until the 1st July was automatic, but that did not preclude a team from applying for a further waiver, relaxation or period of grace before 31st March. We have no idea either way whether they have.

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

That’s new signings starting to officially creep out now.  

First one is Jon Robertson from Alloa.

Great signing for City, still an excellent player and a top pro. Will be a great influence on the younger players. 

1 hour ago, Bay Citizen said:

2nd signing is Edin Lynch from Stenhousemuir

Edin Lynch did Stenny a really good turn last season, and is lovely guy who strikes me as a consummate professional. He's not Fabio Cannavaro, but when it comes to the basics of being a defender (e.g heading and kicking) he'll happily do it all day long. I imagine he'll do a good job for you guys.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

4 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Great signing for City, still an excellent player and a top pro. Will be a great influence on the younger players. 

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when I first saw his age but he looked good last night in the friendly.

Just now, Bay Citizen said:

Yeah, I was a bit concerned when I first saw his age but he looked good last night in the friendly.

He missed a chunk of last season with injury (sustained at the end of the season before) but whenever he did play after returning he was his usual solid self. Looks after himself so well, fitness won't be a problem.