Edinburgh City

Josh Walker extends contract for 2 years and made captain

I'm pleasantly delighted by that. Was sure a full time or even League 1 team would be in for him in the summer.

Really positive sign getting deals like that done early on, let's hope See stays on and stays fit as well.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Wait, what now?

What's happened to Jah? Has he resigned or has there been a boardroom coup?

He deviated from the true path of Marxism-Leninism-Blobbyism-Alcoholism.

Now does anyone know how to airbrush a photo to remove someone.. :whistle

League Cup draw on Friday. From what I understand all teams apart from those who have qualified for Europe are 'in the hat' (Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers & St Johnstone).

Last season we got Hamilton, St Mirren, Ayr Utd and Livingston.

Any preferences out there from fellow City fans? Maybe a home draw to either Hibs or Hearts?

4 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

League Cup draw on Friday. From what I understand all teams apart from those who have qualified for Europe are 'in the hat' (Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers & St Johnstone).

Last season we got Hamilton, St Mirren, Ayr Utd and Livingston.

Any preferences out there from fellow City fans? Maybe a home draw to either Hibs or Hearts?

There's a thread in the Domestic Cup sub-forum where us anoraks have been analysing it. Unless they take pity on you and bump Stirling, you'll be unseeded in South-West... Hearts & Hibs seeded in North-East.

There's a thread in the Domestic Cup sub-forum where us anoraks have been analysing it. Unless they take pity on you and bump Stirling, you'll be unseeded in South-West... Hearts & Hibs seeded in North-East.

Great. Thanks for the info. Hadn't picked up it was split by region. Maybe we will get the chance to play at Hampden after all!

Confirmed you = South, but Hearts/Hibs = North.

Possible opponents:

First seeds ... Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Partick
Second seeds ... Dumbarton, Morton, QotS, St Mirren
Unseeded (2 of)... Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Annan, Ayr, Berwick, Clyde, East Kilbride, Livingston, Queen's Park, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer

What's happening with Craig Beattie? When I seen him against Montrose early last season he looked like he had the quality but without the legs... Is he just unable to last at this level now?

He actually looked like he reached full fitness on the 3rd last game of the season and played brilliantly, he then got taken off injured after half an hour of the second last. I was (overly) critical of him during the season but a player coach role makes sense and I think he can still have an impact on the pitch. His days of 90 minutes every week are long gone though.