Transfer Rumours 2016/17

7 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

We're being linked with Alvaro Negredo. That'd be fucking unreal. Gibbo is the absolute boy.

Yeah, after all the years of being linked with the likes of Daryl fucking Murphy as our 'big name striker', this summer has been wild so far. Creaming my pants on a daily basis just at players who are being linked, not even signed!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

Southampton to sign Pierre Hojbjerg from Bayern for £13 million 

Would be a very good signing for them.

Can't help but feel Middlesborough are just going for the biggest names they can, thats not a great plan of action unless they're going to actually address any weaknesses.

Would be a very good signing for them.

Can't help but feel Middlesborough are just going for the biggest names they can, thats not a great plan of action unless they're going to actually address any weaknesses.

We don't score anywhere near enough goals, so signing Negredo - a proven goal scorer in the premier league (albeit at a team that created far more chances than we probably will) - would hopefully address that. Signed Viktor Fischer to provide more creativity, which we'll need now that Gaston is likely not resigning, Subotic would provide quality and better competition at the back between himself, Ayala and Gibson, and Valdes is a massive improvement on Dimi (who I actually like, know a good few Boro fans that don't). I think our business so far has been excellent.

15 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

We don't score anywhere near enough goals, so signing Negredo - a proven goal scorer in the premier league (albeit at a team that created far more chances than we probably will) - would hopefully address that. Signed Viktor Fischer to provide more creativity, which we'll need now that Gaston is likely not resigning, Subotic would provide quality and better competition at the back between himself, Ayala and Gibson, and Valdes is a massive improvement on Dimi (who I actually like, know a good few Boro fans that don't). I think our business so far has been excellent.

We're still fairly confident of signing Gaston, but pretty much this yeah. We're trying to sign big names, but in the exact positions we needed players. Positions that we needed improved were GK, RB, CDM, a winger, ST. So far we've signed Valdes who's a million times better than Dimi (I'm one of the ones who thought he was shite, went to most games last season and the amount of horrible errors he makes is ridiculous), De Roon who's better than Leadbitter, Fischer who should hopefully be better than Adomah/Downing, and trying to sign Negredo who's miles better than our other strikers and Barragan who is miles better than Nsue (who is nowhere near good enough).

Everton are being linked with a 25 million pound bid for Rugani from Juve and 42 million for another defender from Napoli.

I hope sky don't go bust or just about all the premier league clubs would also go bust. In fact if I was a premier league chairman I'd include a tv deal going bust clause in all contracts reducing wages and perhaps giving a release clause for a small amount to compensate if it does.

From the BBC Sportsday page.

10:48

"Former Arsenal goalkeeper Alex Manninger is training with Liverpool in a bid to become the Reds' back-up stopper - aged 39.

"The Austrian played for the Gunners between 1997 and 2002, a period in which they won two league titles - although David Seaman was first choice at that time."

Carlos Bacca seems close to a 30 million euro move to West Ham. Wasn't overly impressed with him in Serie A last year. 18 goals in a honking Milan side isn't the worst return, I suppose, but his all round play etc seemed pretty poor.

Aye negredos finished as a top class striker these days was awful at valencia. Similar situation to falcao, injury has fucked him. You never know though he could get back to what he was before, I'd be surprised though.

supposedly bacca to west ham will only happen if atletico don't want him.

Kevin Gameiro being linked with both Barca and Atletico for £35m. Just me who thinks his goal tally disguises a, relatively, limited ability?

Archived