Transfer Rumours 2016/17

1 hour ago, Deeboy said:

Because he isn't as good as Oscar, Willian, Hazard & Pedro, most likely.

Pedro wasn't with Chelsea when Schurrle was there. Oscar is also absolute dug meat and a completely different type of player to Schurrle. Willian was cracking for about half of last season but when Schurrle was there hadn't reached anywhere near those heights.

It's also sometimes a good idea to have multiple options, especially when you play three attacking midfielders every game.

Try again.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schurrle wasn't there because he was emptied for Pedro coming in. Oscar is quite clearly a better player than Schurrle. 

You're right, it is good to have options. Options you can utilise, of which Schurrle isn't good enough to be. 

Yeah, Schurrle wasnt good enough and was wanting regular starts. Him and Chelsea was never a good match anyway.

Emptied halfway through the previous season for someone who didn't come in until a few games into the next season aye? He was emptied for Cuadrado, who while is a good player was atrocious whenever he played for Chelsea and was subsequently punted out on loan after a few months.

How can you state all these players are so much better after the season they've had? They've been shite since about halfway through the Championship winning season (roughly the same time as when Schurrle left). Oscar has about one cracking game in 10 and then floats about doing f**k all apart from making the odd tackle the rest of the time. You're allowed your opinion but stating Schurrle isn't good enough to even be an option for Chelsea is a bit ridiculous.

:lol: 

Schurrle's shite, mate. Even a three stone overweight Gotze was getting more game time at the Euro's. I'm sorry you don't want to accept the fact, but he isn't a good enough player and Chelsea were completely right to empty him. How their next season panned out is an irrelevance, unless you truly believe he'd have Roy of the Rovers'd them to the league title on his own.

In which case I suggest you seek counselling. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Schurrle shite :lol:

Minter.

In relative terms, yes, he is. He isn't a top level player, hence why he warmed the bench at the only true top club he's been at. Hence why he's on the bench behind a player who's on the bench at an elite, top level club - at International level. 

You're correct again, your fawning over him is indeed, a minter.

4 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

In relative terms, yes, he is. He isn't a top level player, hence why he warmed the bench at the only true top club he's been at. Hence why he's on the bench behind a player who's on the bench at an elite, top level club - at International level. 

You're correct again, your fawning over him is indeed, a minter.

Schurrle doesn't play the same position as Gotze for Germany. He was being kept out the team by Draxler.

Schurrle was ok at Chelsea, the problem is with him, Cuadrado, Salah et al is that they need a run of games to prosper but are backup at Chelsea so will never last more than 18 months or so, and was the reason players in that position are rotating in and out of Chelsea and look better elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Neither Oscar or Schurrle are shite tbf. This is yet another example of a complete lack of rationality on either side.

Agree. I know Oscar isn't actually shite, I just think he's very overrated and happen to prefer Schurrle.

9 hours ago, Łukasz said:

Schürrle wasn't even starting for Wolfsburg towards the end of the season. Constantly flatters to deceive now.

Shame to hear that. He was an effective player at one point. Put him in my world cup fantasy team because I thought he could nab a few points and he certainly did.

Estonian defender Ragnar Klavan from Augsburg to Liverpool £4.2 million. 

Looks like the Zielinski deal is dead and they will turn their attention to Wijnaldum from Newcastle. 

Archived