Transfer Rumours 2016/17

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 23:05, David W said:

Bournemouth have had a bid accepted of £6 million for Brad Smith of Liverpool. 

Like Flanagan and Randall, he's not good enough but the team will now be perilously short of fullbacks!

I always remember that Smith coming on against Chelsea and having about the worst 30 minutes I can ever recall seeing.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Arnautovic swapping Stoke for Everton for £15m

With the prices flying around at the moment between Premier sides, that has got to be the bargain of the season!!!

Can I just say that 75 million for Higuin is an obscene amount of money. Obscene.

All the money in football is obscene though - my interest in football is fading because of it. People talk about how money is ruining football as if it's in the process of becoming bad, it's already ruined beyond the point of return.

All the money in football is obscene though - my interest in football is fading because of it. People talk about how money is ruining football as if it's in the process of becoming bad, it's already ruined beyond the point of return.

Tend to agree. No a fan of English football anymore really it's became beyond ridiculous. Still love Scottish football mind you.

What/who is 'value for money' in the EPL anymore?? It just gets more absurd every season. £25 million for Wijnaldum seems like your average figure nowadays. And if Wijnaldum finally finds a bit of motivation and plays like he can do consistently, he could be a great signing.

Also, who do you think Liverpool could have realistically bid for and got from abroad that's 'better value for money'?

That's sort of my point.

And I do not know, I'm not a Liverpool scout. Just seems lazy going for players in England, especially when they're not even really good/great players.

Southampton seem to do it right. Mane, Pelle, Forster, VVD, Wanyama all relatively cheap in EPL terms off the top of my head. Payet and Mahrez another two examples. Sure there are a lot.

55 million is some amount of money for Mane and Wijnaldum.

Theres surely better value for money elsewhere.

The real issue about the Higuain fee is that Juventus aren't in a position to throw money around on whoever they like. Given they could have signed at least a decent replacement for Pogba and a couple of players to try and rebuild their aging defence instead, spunking it all on a 28 year old striker is beyond stupid.

Archived