Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Who in their right mind, would take that job?

As I said right now I would take anyone Semi decent who has intentions of going to parkhead and setting up differently from warburtons inevitable suicide tactics where we could face another tanking , we also need to look at taking something from pittodrie which under warburton looks unlikely as again he will stick to the same old same old . Mcleish to try and steady the ship till the end of the season would be my choice , see how he gets on and then take it from there 

Edited by Forever_blueco

As I said right now I would take anyone Semi decent who has intentions of going to parkhead and setting up differently from warburtons inevitable suicide tactics where we could face another tanking , we also need to look at taking something from pittodrie which under warburton looks unlikely as again he will stick to the same old same old . Mcleish to try and steady the ship till the end of the season would be my choice , see how he gets on and then take it from there 

Give Jimmy his dream job, go on, please?

Before all the shite comes, I actually feel a bit sorry for Warburton. I mind watching his initial interview and actually being quite impressed at how he spoke and what his vision for the club was. He done extremely well at Brentford and expected him to do even better at Rangers. Unfortunately for him, roasters in the boardroom and shite signings haven't helped.

The club statement is interesting, indicating they wanted free of the burden of compensation.. Maybe got a job lined up elsewhere?

Well I can't deny I'm saddened by the demise of MW and Big Davie.  Two decent guys who seems to be doing the right thing and I hoped were in for the long haul.

Mcparland has a lot to answer for.  He was hailed as a recruitment genius but proved to be no better than Wee Stevie The IT Guy  (© Sally) and delivered us Barton, Niko and Nosurrenderos, all on big wages.  I have a hefty wager that his contact list is about as old as my socks.

MW also underestimated how much every Premiership team would lift their game when they're playing Rangers and pretty-much ignored the need for a commanding centre half who could put a bit of stick about.  I've mentioned this more than once.

Still, this season's been written off and it's likely a good time to call it quits.  As England's bard said, " If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well
It were done quickly"

Unlike the otherwise estimable Warburton I do hope our board has a Plan B.

Edited by The_Kincardine