Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So who had the final say in signing those guys, (Senderos, Barton and Krockedjar), TK ?

Anyone who has paid any attention to their respective careers would have know that Niko is as fragile as could be, and that Senderos is just rank rotten.

Hopefully the management team have indeed left the club. I was saying about half way through last season I didn't think he would be a success at Rangers. This season the signings have been poor and it cannot be said that the board didn't provide enough funds to easily be clear in 2nd place. Rossitter is apparently on £10k and the salaries of the likes of Krancjar, Barton and Senderos won't have been cheap either. 

£1.8 for Joe Garner has been a waste, too. The £450k for O'Halloran, albeit last season, is another example of money being wasted.

McCoist would have done better with that sort of money to spend. :)

As for the next manager, I wouldn't be against the return of McLeish but as long as Rangers are back to playing 4-5-1, grinding out boring 1-0 victories on a consistent basis I'll be happy. Ha!

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Hopefully the management team have indeed left the club. I was saying about half way through last season I didn't think he would be a success at Rangers. This season the signings have been poor and it cannot be said that the board didn't provide enough funds to easily be clear in 2nd place. Rossitter is apparently on £10k and the salaries of the likes of Krancjar, Barton and Senderos won't have been cheap either. 

£1.8 for Joe Garner has been a waste, too. The £450k for O'Halloran, albeit last season, is another example of money being wasted.

As for the next manager, I wouldn't be against the return of McLeish but as long as Rangers are back to playing 4-5-1, grinding out boring 1-0 victories on a consistent basis I'll be happy. Ha!

Aye here we, we never liked him, he was always shite, we're glad he's gone blah blah blah.

8 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Shut up.

29 minutes ago, akredz said:

So who had the final say in signing those guys, (Senderos, Barton and Krockedjar), TK ?

I posted about this after we were pumped by the Grey and Green Dross last year:

If you recruit a bloke like that then you have to give him some trust.  He failed spectacularly.

Edit:  No idea why my quote isn't formatting properly.  £30 software maybe?

Edited by The_Kincardine

13 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Aye here we, we never liked him, he was always shite, we're glad he's gone blah blah blah.

I genuinely was saying I didn't think his appointment would work out long before many others took the same opinion. I think I even had a few 'Bring back Walter Smith!' meltdowns on here along the way. :)

McCoist would have done better with that sort of money to spend. [emoji4]

If you post how much Rangers players are getting paid you have to have proof.
This is a rule set by your fellow berrs on here.

McCoist would have done better with that sort of money to spend. [emoji4]

£1.80 is still too much for Garner.

Alex McLeish now the clear odds on favourite for the Rangers job. Frank De Boer at 6/1 would be an interesting choice.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

£1.80 is still too much for Garner.

You're probably right. 

Which would price him out of a move to your team. :)

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Still, this season's been written off and it's likely a good time to call it quits.  As England's bard said, " If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well
It were done quickly"

The difference being that those behind the violent de-throning in that case, only went mad after the event.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

11 hours ago, mjw said:

If you post how much Rangers players are getting paid you have to have proof.
This is a rule set by your fellow berrs on here.

You are also a fellow bear, you were right about skidmarks too btw.

McLeish was surely be a disaster, in the kindest way, he genuinely came across mentally ill last time he was a pundit.

No idea about how De Boer is as a manager tbh.

Hate to say it but Tommy Wright would likely be the best fit for them, he's as close to Walter Smith as you'll find.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

McLeish was surely be a disaster, in the kindest way, he genuinely came across mentally ill last time he was a pundit.

No idea about how De Boer is as a manager tbh.

Hate to say it but Tommy Wright would likely be the best fit for them, he's as close to Walter Smith as you'll find.

Eck took 5 out 6 cups in 2 seasons against O'Neil's world beating Celtic side. Total disaster.

I don't think he's the right man for the job tho.

Eck took 5 out 6 cups in 2 seasons against O'Neil's world beating Celtic side. Total disaster.

I don't think he's the right man for the job tho.

I wrote "was", instead of "would" tbh.