Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

If I can serious for a change it must be very difficult to be either on the Rangers coaching staff or part of the board. Anyone with sense knows that the best thing for the club to do is get to a break even state and then look to become profitable to try to attract new investment.

Rangers fans, for the majority, just won't accept this and neither King nor Warburton will survive Celtic making it to 8,10,12 in a row if such an event was to happen. Well King might make it of course but he will have to have pretty thick skin. That's not a dig at Rangers fans either for wanting success - the majority of all fan bases want it and have very little patience.

It must be very difficult for those behind the scenes as a lot of fans between 15-40 have been brought up on success whereas for other clubs we are used to failure in a lot of cases. A lot of Kilmarnock fans aged 25-35 suffer from this wish for success as they grew up during (relatively) a very positive period for the club.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Post seems to be deleted but yes my view changed on both Rangers as a club, and the Rangers fans in the build up to the referendum

A fair few of the Rangers posters on here voted "Yes".  Many voted "Remain".

I take the view that you judge fans based on the posts made on the forum.  This seems an uncommon view.

48 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

So there's f**k all money? About time someone actually came out and said it.

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Our lack of money has never been mentioned before.  I'm shocked to the core.

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

By someone employed by the club, I mean.

Pished already ffs.

So I'm pished because you made an arse of a comment?

Based on diddy logic (sic) you're probably right.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

If I can serious for a change it must be very difficult to be either on the Rangers coaching staff or part of the board. Anyone with sense knows that the best thing for the club to do is get to a break even state and then look to become profitable to try to attract new players.

Rangers fans, for the majority, just won't accept this and neither King nor Warburton will survive Celtic making it to 8,10,12 in a row if such an event was to happen. 

Not surprisingly you're posting the usual diddy dreck.

Pretty-much every Rangers fan on here is a Mr Micawber and wants a balanced budget.  

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gambler-claiming-2500000-coral-tells-9640469

Can't be bothered reading back, has this been done? I think Coral are in the right.

"that Coral had continued to refer to Rangers as Rangers and the "Old Firm". "They didn't call it the 'New Firm' and they can't have it both ways".  

They also referred to Kenny Miller as the first player to score for the three 'Old Firm' sides.  

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/gambler-claiming-2500000-coral-tells-9640469

Can't be bothered reading back, has this been done? I think Coral are in the right.

It has been mentioned.

I agree with you over Coral having the upper hand here.  Rangers were not "relegated" and if that's the wording and no clarification of how that might be defined was sought, I can't see much chance of success for the guy.  

I'm guessing he did place the bet on the back of seeing the financial trouble ahead that was increasingly coming to light.  I reckon though, that chancing his arm, he was thinking of a points penalty and decimated squad that might lead to a more conventional relegation.  If he'd foreseen what did transpire and wished to take a punt on it, he'd have looked for less ambiguous wording.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, TheCelt67 said:

"that Coral had continued to refer to Rangers as Rangers and the "Old Firm". "They didn't call it the 'New Firm' and they can't have it both ways".  

They also referred to Kenny Miller as the first player to score for the three 'Old Firm' sides.  

I think there are more legally substantial reasons. They were out and had to formally apply, despite the best efforts of the governing bodies.

"72-year old Albert Kinloch of Simshill Road, Glasgow" is EveryDiddy.  Absolutely thick as f**k and obsessed with Rangers.

We have, of course, done this to death on The Big Thread with the added relish of it being seen as a newco/oldco shibboleth.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

"72-year old Albert Kinloch of Simshill Road, Glasgow" is EveryDiddy.  Absolutely thick as f**k and obsessed with Rangers.

We have, of course, done this to death on The Big Thread with the added relish of it being seen as a newco/oldco shibboleth.

You are, as usual, a fucking dribbling wreck. 

Your overuse of "diddy" and "diddies" is quite interesting though. It implies some hilariously misplaced sense of superiority, which considering that you're little more than an aging drunk *** with ridiculously awful patter, is a tad unfortunate. 

Best wishes for tomorrow's hangover.