Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Bizarre signing. 

Aye to be honest I don't get it either. We're skint and we've spent money on a third keeper. Unless we're selling Gilks for more than 250,000 this window then it doesn't make much sense to me

23 minutes ago, St00ble said:

Aye to be honest I don't get it either. We're skint and we've spent money on a third keeper. Unless we're selling Gilks for more than 250,000 this window then it doesn't make much sense to me

It's more than likely Gilks will be leaving due to lack of game time. He looked like a decent goalie too, he played the majority of the Betfred Cup matches and only conceded one goal which prevented a pumping in the Semi Final. I can understand why he is leaving, he's 34 years old and at the point in his career where he wants to be at a club where he is a permanent number 1. 

Edited by DavidMccorquodale

6 minutes ago, DavidMccorquodale said:

It's more than likely Gilks will be leaving due to lack of game time. He looked like a decent goalie too, he played the majority of the Betfred Cup matches and only conceded one goal which prevented a pumping in the Semi Final. I can understand why he is leaving, he's 34 years old and at the point in his career where he wants to be at a club where he is a permanent number 1. 

If Gilks is leaving this window then it does make complete sense of course. I only hope we get a decent fee for him.

3 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Not really. Spending money you don't have on a backup keeper is ludicrous.

We manager to sign one of the best keepers in the league for nothing, why is it rangers are incapable of actually doing some scouting?

It is a bizarre signing but I disagree that we don't have the money for him. Port Vale asked for the money upfront due to concerns about the finances of Rangers and we gave them it so surely we must have the money?

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

Not really. Spending money you don't have on a backup keeper is ludicrous.

We manager to sign one of the best keepers in the league for nothing, why is it rangers are incapable of actually doing some scouting?

1. We evidently do have the money as we've just signed him with all cash up front. I expect we will recoup most of that from selling gilks anyway (assuming he's off)

2. The rats that controlled the boardroom for the last few years (whyte then green et al) decimated our infrastructure and pocketed the cash. Why are we incapable of doing some scouting? Because we only have one bloody scout and he joined last summer

On 1/30/2017 at 21:23, Cerberus said:

I don't think you can take credit for developing Ross McCormack, or you'd want to take credit for Kyle Hutton.

I reckon we can take some credit for developing Ross McCormack. He was with us between the ages of about 14 and 20.

Edited by Bearwithme

The usually exemplary MW just saying he doesn't know what went wrong.  Well I do.  I've watched Rangers through 6 decades and you need 2 building blocks: A big blood and snotters centre half and a wee hard man in midfield (ideally ginger) to put a bit of stick about.

We have neither and are as friable as a meringue (thought that was better than the hackneyed powder puff).

Get these two right then play your fancy nancy shite.