Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Correct. Once Kyogo starts racking up the bans for diving, they’ll start to crumble and start dropping points to dross like Livi.

Would be class if he manages to trick them into buying more diddies from the Japanese league before Desmond punts him.

^ shitting it 

43 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

owners down there would look at Scotland and assume its all down to just 2 teams and its not a test of a real manager. I disagree massively with this, but you just need to listen to Simon Jordan to realise that.

Just out of interest, why do you disagree massively with this?

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Who do you think will replace him? 

I don't really have the faintest clue just now to be honest, but I am prepared to be underwhelmed by whoever it is given the current crop of available options.

Bookies favourite is currently Alex Neil which does not fill me with much confidence at all. The rest of the names are much of a muchness. I'd personally like Beale to take it on, but I imagine he will be away with Gerrard.

Just now, AJF said:

I don't really have the faintest clue just now to be honest, but I am prepared to be underwhelmed by whoever it is given the current crop of available options.

Bookies favourite is currently Alex Neil which does not fill me with much confidence at all. The rest of the names are much of a muchness. I'd personally like Beale to take it on, but I imagine he will be away with Gerrard.

I wouldn't worry about who the bookies have plucked out of thin air at the moment.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

1 trophy out of 9 at moneybags Rangers doesn't seem that fantastic a record to me.  Neil Lennon has won dozens of trophies and could only get a gig at Bolton

He was up against a Celtic in decline. Gerrard’s trophy tally, esp up against a bum, who he lost a treble to, should have been 4 or 5 trophies out of 9. 1 trophy from 9 has to be looked upon as an under par haul. Failure to even grab one of the knockout cups in 6 attempts is a real blot on his time here. His pre covid collapse was also remarkable management, only friends of Tory politicians have benefited more from covid than Gerard. . 

Having said that he has brought them back and it will be a major disruptor if he goes, so get him to f**k.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The BBC refuse to cover Rangers rather than Rangers deny them access.

Technically maybe true, but it was on the back of wanting certain journalists banned. Either way, they don't go and are not welcome, so would be interesting to see the stance from BBC journalists down south on it.

It's a nonsense of a situation. 

51 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Just out of interest, why do you disagree massively with this?

Because if you are one of the managers at Celtic or Rangers, you have to both learn to deal with a level of expectation you do not get at most clubs in England as well as how to break down opposition defences that may well sit in for draws.

At other clubs, you probably have to be more precise with signings given budgets, as well as being ultra competitive outside the two big clubs, while at the same time having to make existing players better. Not to mention a completely different test when someone like St Mirren or St Johnstone come up against a team with much larger resources.

I'd argue that a manager is Scotland probably develops a more varied skill set than someone, say in the championship in England, would get. 

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

1 trophy out of 9 at moneybags Rangers doesn't seem that fantastic a record to me.  Neil Lennon has won dozens of trophies and could only get a gig at Bolton

Even if you count his championship title with Hibs he still doesn't have a dozen. Unless you are counting his trophies from his playing days. I'm sure Gerrard's medal collection is better.