Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Very underwhelming signing news if it’s true that we are bringing in Liam Kelly, even if it is as a back up keeper that would qualify as homegrown for European competition. God help us if we lose Butland to someone.

Quality goalkeepers are not easy to find so if you lose Butland you might be in a bit of bother.

On 17/05/2024 at 02:10, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Rangers are indeed shite. Dujon Sterling is one of their best players and he was kicking around at Blackpool and Stoke.

I heard he was mustard!?

21 hours ago, AJF said:

Very underwhelming signing news if it’s true that we are bringing in Liam Kelly, even if it is as a back up keeper that would qualify as homegrown for European competition. God help us if we lose Butland to someone.

McRorie and Kelly fighting it out for the #1 jersey would bring me great joy and entertainment.

But then we could have Bain and Siegrist competing for the #1 jersey.

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Will he do it on a cold night in Feegie?

Queue Keevins saying he's the next Roberto Carlos and Man City wanted him.

Don’t be daft. It was actually Real Madrid that were interested.

CYRIEL DESSERS faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit for the start of next season.

Rangers fear that the striker tore ankle ligaments in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic.

Dessers had to be subbed at half-time after Cameron Carter-Vickers’ first-half challenge left him writhing in agony.

The 22-goal Nigeria cap left Hampden wearing a protective boot and will have scans in the next few days to discover the extent of the damage.

Dessers said: “I got injured in the first half, after around 25 minutes.

“It was the tackle from Carter-Vickers and it’s my ankle. I tried to go on because obviously it was the game of the year, the big final at the end of the season, one big push. But I had to come off.

“I’ll get it assessed in the next few days.”

10 hours ago, bennett said:

CYRIEL DESSERS faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit for the start of next season.

Rangers fear that the striker tore ankle ligaments in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic.

Dessers had to be subbed at half-time after Cameron Carter-Vickers’ first-half challenge left him writhing in agony.

The 22-goal Nigeria cap left Hampden wearing a protective boot and will have scans in the next few days to discover the extent of the damage.

“It was the tackle from Carter-Vickers and it’s my ankle. I tried to go on because obviously it was the game of the year, the big final at the end of the season, one big push. But I had to come off.

Six months on the treatment table then.  

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Always disappointing to read about players getting injuries like this.

The adrenaline will be running through the body and the guy won’t have wanted to give up without a fight. 

However how much additional damage was done playing on?

Wish him all the best in his recovery.